New rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rhoads

I just got a randy rhoads guitar off of ebay. It was USA made in 1991, so its got a little wear on it. I was wondering if replacing any of the parts like the schaler tremolo or locking nut would be advisable, or does it not matter? Any suggestions would be helpful. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: New rhoads

Congrats on the new axe. Neither of those parts "need" to be replaced unless they are malfunctioning. Even then, there is a possibility they can continue to be used. Quite a bit more specific information will be needed before anyone can advise you on what will be right for your guitar.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I could post a picture of it, but how would i load that up on the site?

Comment

photobucket.com

Comment

Colin,

If you check out the tele I picked up in this thread ( http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=2;t=001096 )

you will see that the first thing I did when I got it was replaced every peice of hardware (except the tuners), including the bridge. Alot of the hardware was worn and some was rusting. It was all functional, but the guitar looks brand new now. I like my guitars to look nice, so I have no problems with doing that. I am not worried about resale or originality. All the hardware was replaced with the same hardware, and I buy guitars to enjoy them, not to worry about resale down the road.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Colin:
            I could post a picture of it, but how would i load that up on the site?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do a search "posting pics"

Newb! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, if it's not corroded or malfunctioning, then why bother?

The Schaller floyd is the finest trem unit money can buy. Better than the Original Floyd, in my opinion.

Mike
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
              X