Need help Id an archtop neck thru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help Id an archtop neck thru

I was cruising some pawnshops today and ran into a very nice Jackson. Trying to figure out exactly what it is.

It was a Red Archtop Neck Tru with a string thru bridge. It had gold hardware and a single jackson humbucker pickup.

The headstock said made in USA and the serial was
    JA 00032.

Any input would help would like to buy it but I'm not sure it's worth the asking price. One things for sure I have never seen one before.

[ February 20, 2004, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Keith Gutierrez ]
    Damn, I love this Interweb.

Re: Need help Id an archtop neck thru

One of the early archtops (the serial JA = Jackson Archtop) and it's the 32nd one made which would put it around 1987. Obviously back then all Jackson's were custom, so that's why it's got the unique single hum/string-thru. Depending on condition I'd personally put it's worth around $1300 or so. If you get it definitely gotta post pics...if not I'm sure there'll be a few here fighting for it.

- Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

Ya, Joel pretty much nailed it.

If you pass on it, I'd love a shot at it.

[ February 20, 2004, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Archtop ]

Comment

Its going for $999, but I didn't play it or even hold it, I was kinda in a rush. I am going to try to talk the guy down. It looks to be in very nice shape with nice action. Just not sure I can pull it off right now so maybe I will see if they'll do an extended layaway. The last time I got 6 months.

Comment

Grab that puppy, If it is marked at 999.00 I would be willing to bet you can get it cheaper than that, I buy almost all of my guitars at pawnshops here in Reno, good luck.
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

1 Does it have fins or dots (break my heart now)

How bout this, there's potential I'd do some kinda trade to have it. A mint/practically new blue SLATQH. 8)

Just single hum string thru horny lol, AT to boot

[ February 20, 2004, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: audiophile ]

Comment

It's got dots.

Comment

will someone please post about 30 bawling smileys for me, I can't find its location

lol, cool AT variant anyways

Comment

Shoot me some pics [email protected]

Comment

thirty may be a bit much, but not even allowed more than 8 images per post... 8(
                    dots...dots... to many dots not enuf fins

Comment

Dots or no dots, it still sounds like a cool score, especially if you can talk them down on the price.

Best of luck Keith! And post pics when you get it!!

Comment

Okay here's the update. Slept on it tonight and did some mental calculations. Talked it over with the wife and so I went in today expecting to make an offer on the guitar.

So drove to the pawn shop today, thinking it's probably not going to be there or they won't come close to my offer.

Well I arrived and its still sitting all nice and pretty. I ask the guy to let me take a look at it and he immediately stated that he could work on the price. I'm like great, so he checks his computer and comes back and says $800. I was pretty stoked by then but kept my poker face and kept looking at the guitar. So I ask the guy well can you do $800 with tax included. He looks over at the manager and gets the okay.

So the Jackson Archtop JA0032 is coming home to papa for the price of only $739 plus tax and $2.50 layaway fee. So my total was $802.50 with tax.

I felt that a great deal would've been $750 plus tax, so they even beat the original amount which I had planned to offer. So I left a $150 down and owe $652. I should have here home within three months.

The guitar is in excellent condition I would probably put it somewhere between 7.5 and 8.5 out of 10. All the parts look to be original including the dome knob and the case was perfect with just some dust and the original Jackson made in usa decal screwed on to what looks to be a G&G case.

I will post pics when I finally have her in my hands.

[ February 21, 2004, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Keith Gutierrez ]

Comment

well for 8, that's a score. congrats

Comment

Nice one, I wish there were more Archtops availiable over here in England!!!! (especially at that price!!) [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow... definitely a score of the month!

$750? good score.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X