Latest acquisition: JJ1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest acquisition: JJ1

Many thanks go out to Chris Olson for giving me a shot at this one. It's absolutely beautiful, a killer player and came in a *really* nice TKL case:

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: Latest acquisition: JJ1

Oh yes. Very cool!

Comment

Ah, me likey.

Comment

here is something i dont understand.

that's scotti ians signature models right?

why "JJ"? shouldn't it "SI"?

Does anyione know what the jjj stands for?

Comment

hey, I missed this thread! Great score, YAO. I love the white-hot horns! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks man, I'm *really* digging this guitar. The only problem is that I find myself wondering why I didn't pick one up sooner. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Wasn't this from E-bay last week sold for $500?
              Great score in my opinion.
              Congrats!
              [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Does that have the new pickup that he had SD make for him? They weren't supposed to make them for mass production, wondered if they are putting them in the signature guitars.

Comment

I am liking the JJ more and more. Yours looks great. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I will be thinking about picking up a neck thru model in the future.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Does it have the V shaped neck and if so, how does it feel compared to say an SL1?

Comment

Glad you like it Brad!

To answer some questions - no, it wasn't the ebay guitar. I bought it locally. Had to sell it to pay for some dental work. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] It doesn't have the "V" profile. I'd say more of a "C" profile. It's a bolt-on, so it's got the oil-finished neck. I didn't think this neck had so much of the "wide-flat" feel of most Jacksons - it felt a little more like a 60's Gibson neck to me. This guitar came out before they started putting Scott's sig on the headstock, and I believe the pickup is a JB.

Anyway, enjoy Brad!

Comment

And JJ means Jackson Junior.
                        Correct?

Comment

Im guessing the way the JACKSON logo is spelled out they have used various letters from different album covers? I recognise a few of those.

J is from "slippery when wet" and S is from "never mind the bollocks".

At a guess anyway.

Nice guitar btw. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy:
                            Im guessing the way the JACKSON logo is spelled out they have used various letters from different album covers?
                            J is from "slippery when wet" and S is from "never mind the bollocks".
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Interesting! The K looks like it's from KISS.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Damn, everytime I see a JJ with flames I get a serious case of GAS!

Comment

Working...
                              X