Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new DK1 (EMG) or SL2H ?

Hi,

Someone who has tried them both can tell the difference between them (not technically but musically) and which one he prefers ?

Thanks

Re: new DK1 (EMG) or SL2H ?

There's pluses and minuses for both. They're both just as good - just different. What matters most is which do you prefer?

Neck-through vs. bolt-on?
    Painted vs. oiled neck?
    Medium thin vs. very thin neck profile?
    Seymour Duncans vs. EMGs?

Comment

I have found that I prefer the DK-1. I do own both and I like the oiled neck better. Also I tend to like EMGs on most of my guitars as well. The neck joint for me isn't a prob. if you can, try one of each out for yourself. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The problem is I can't try one of them, there's not a lot of US Jackson aroud here. I just try a japanese SL3 (neck thru) which is kind similar to the SL2H. But just as a first impression I prefer the feeling of my DR3 neck (bolt on).

And I don't know much for the Duncan vs EMG ...

Comment

I own both and have found I like the thinner neck of the DK1 slightly better (although I like the neck on the SL2H too), but found I prefer the Duncans over the EMG's, so I will probably remove the EMG's from the DK1 and install some Duncans. Really cant go wrong with either one. They are both awesome.

Comment

thank you !

Any other opinions ??

Comment

I had both too and prefer the DK1 for the neck. Its very thin and oiled and the upper access is a little harder but I'm not there too often anyway. Also the emg's are great and if you break the neck (which is hard to do) your guitar isn't firewood.

Comment

I just "Friday" ordered a DK1 in black from Easton Guitars and can't wait till its here. I also prefer the oiled necks to anything painted. The only complaint would be that they aren't doing the body scalloping anymore. The older 95' Dinky Reverse was scalloped on top to access the upper frets and at the neck heel. Ohh well.

Comment

One quick question though. Are the body dimentions the same for these two? I had heard that the Soloist body was ever so slightly larger than the Dinky body. [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X