What kind of Jackson is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Jackson is this?

At the local music store around here they had what looked like a soloist, except it had 22 frets, gold hardware, and a string thru bridge, and a beautiful sunburst finish.

I was gonna ask the owner about it but he was busy with other customers.

Re: What kind of Jackson is this?

now that i think about it, it might have been a SLATQH, but im not sure. In pictures the body of the SLATQH looks a tad different from the soloists.

Comment

It might also be an SLS, but I think those had the 3x3 head only - mine's got a stopbar, but I don't know if they all had that.

Anyhoo, if the body looked just like a Soloist, it may have been an SL2GX (was the dealer GuitarXpress?). I thought the SLATQ's were differently shaped as well, but I haven't really paid that much attention to them.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The SLATQHs have 22 frets and a slightly longer body than standard soloists (which are 24 fret). I suspect that's what you saw.

SL2GXs have 24 frets.

Comment

Or it could be an early custom shop soloist with only one hum. Hard to say without more info.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

it was basically an SL2GX but with a different finish than the rootbear one and with only 22 frets. It had 2 SD humbuckers. Im going to go back there and take a look at it and see what it is. I suspect its some kind of limited edition or custom.

Comment

Working...
            X