Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

Hey guys,
    I just played a used Jackson USA Soloist at a local music store. It have an ebony fretboard, sharkfin inlays with only 1 real inlay problem that wont affect the sound, neckthough, and Kahler Bridge. Near the nut though, there is a crack a little less than an inch in length probably 3/4 or 1/2 an inch. It is on the low E side and the nut seems to be a little lifter up.
    The guitar played well but needed a fresh set of strings and a polishing. A chip every here and there but thats standard with used guitars. The price tag was $600 but is now marked down to $300.
    You guys think the price is worth it? I am new to USA Jacksons.
    Thanks for the help,
    Rob

Re: Is it worth it?

I think $300 for any USA Jackson is worth it if it's in decent shape, and especially if it plays well which this one sounds like it does. The crack near the nut would be an easy fix for any competent luthier, maybe costing $25 at the most. I say go for it!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Buy it, or tell us where it is. Someone here will buy it.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I got it. This baby rocks, I will try to have pics soon.

Comment

Sweet! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

My first USA Jackson! and I can only describe it as perfect. I got one of the first serial #'s too in Ontario, after San Dimas. J2886 or J2866..I forget lol cuz i am at my brother's house right now. It is awesome though. Minimal fretwear some dings here and there but its a used guitar and you have to expect that. Anybody care to inform me why this was only 300 US bucks? I think it is absolutely unbelievable for only 300 bucks.
                Thanks

Comment

Similar thing happened at local GC, dinged up Ontario Soloist languished for months at $499, was marked down to $349 and sold right away.

JT6 and Kahler trems usually bring the price down a bit also.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

nice...good to know i got a good price...marked down from 599 too

Comment

anyone know the original pickups of soloists during this era? any ideas for new p/u's too?...already got EMG's so im thinking about getting some duncans

Comment

You know the Rules.... Picture please. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i will try alex, but i need someone to host and my digital camera has been messin up.

but i dont care about the camera lol because the guitar is awesome

Comment

If it's got EMG's(active that is ) stay with them great pickups .

Comment

e-mail me a pic if you can. I will host it for you.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X