HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!

Okay, I am recording an album of original songs with my band...and I finally have all the right guitar stuff to make the album sound diverse! I'm really excited!!! My compositions, with the help of some voracious players are going to be recorded up in the big apple.

However, not all is well in Dethritual land. I dont have a lot of money and right now I need about four (4) setups. At guitar center that is $60 a piece!!!!! Mark "The Animal" Mendoza used to do my setups in new york and he did a damn good job, but now that I'm here in North Carolina, I guess I just wanna start doing things on my own because I hate guitar center. So, I have some questions...

On the 9th fret of my 1985 San Dimas...there are incredible buzzes that dont occur on any other fret. These buzzes are on every string. IS this the truss rod or the action or maybe the fret being a little out of place?

Im about to set up my KE-1F guitar to play a whole step down...I already have guitar set up for .010-.052s. Just by tuning the guitar down a whole step, will the intonation be knocked out? Or will it just be the truss rod that needs an adjustment?

Also, any tips for silencing trem springs? The old trick with rubber bands tied around the springs just doesn't seem to be working anymore. I cant stand it when that crappy ringing from the springs opens my noise gate at a part thats supposed to be silent.

Re: HELP!

Originally posted by dethritual:

1) On the 9th fret of my 1985 San Dimas...there are incredible buzzes that dont occur on any other fret. These buzzes are on every string. IS this the truss rod or the action or maybe the fret being a little out of place?

2) Im about to set up my KE-1F guitar to play a whole step down...I already have guitar set up for .010-.052s. Just by tuning the guitar down a whole step, will the intonation be knocked out? Or will it just be the truss rod that needs an adjustment?

3) Also, any tips for silencing trem springs? The old trick with ribber bands just doesnt seem to be working anymore.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1) Sounds like a fret that is lifting or needs to be dressed a little. If it affected more of the neck, then would assume it was the truss rod.

2) The intonation shouldn't be affected, but it may with the heavier strings but you will definately want to tweak the truss rod to compensate for the new tension.

3) A lot of people use that foamy stuff that comes with EMG pups to put between the springs and the back plate to eliminate noise.

Comment

Working...
    X