X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jazz\'R review with pics

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Have we figured out how they did that yet?!? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The body is chambered with the only real substance being the center block where the pups & bridge are mounted. The top & back are 1/8" thick, there's literally nothing to attach a cavity cover to.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ah, that makes sense.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So is this thing like a freakin' 335 where you have to use calipers or something to install electronics?

If so, it's almost Newc-proof. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Great review. I found one #02 ST0053...
        Its a shame they arent going to make anymore of them...

I found a blonde on used for 1200, but was litterally 30 minutes late...
        So I have a Cabernet one coming for 2100
        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          So is this thing like a freakin' 335 where you have to use calipers or something to install electronics?

If so, it's almost Newc-proof. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, I fear that Newc will show us just HOW almost at some point.....and what he did to get around it.

Not that that´s bad, we´re all wondering how they get the elecs in (I can think of a few ways, but none that would be servicable)... I´m just afraid that Newc´s solution will be slightly, how should I say, "Unique" [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually Jackson used to have pics of how they put the knobs in - some sort of coat hanger looking thing to hold the knobs and such to guide them to the holes.

If I did do anything, it'd probably be to put in push-pull knobs to split the pickups, but I have no plans to mod this one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Here's a shot of the back:

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Minor correction:
                [ QUOTE ]
                If I did do anything, it'd probably be to put in push-pull knobs to split the pickups, but I have no <font color="red">current</font> plans to mod this one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

LOL @ Tim! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I should have my Jazz-R on Friday, I will post the Pics later today when they are emailed to me...
                    \m\xx/m/

instock inventory

Comment

Wow, 2 Jazz'Rs in 2 weeks? There aren't many of these running around, this must be some sort of JCF record. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

i have been 'getting' this one for a while. Like I said in a previous one, I saw a blonde one for 1200 but missed it by 30 minutes

instock inventory

Comment

Shame, $1200 would have been an absolute steal!
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

yeah, i was fucking pissed about that one. and it was friggin beautiful...
                            but this one aint ugly, I just dont care for red guitars as much...

instock inventory

Comment

Newc - Halfordize it!
                              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Matt - No [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I might see if I can temp-mount a couple of 2" spikes on the bridge posts, but nothing permanent [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X