Just a Pic of My Main Axe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just a Pic of My Main Axe

How does it compare to the Super III? what didn't you like about that that you like about the Custom 5?

Nice PC-1!
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Nice PC1!! I have a couple of PC3's with Floyds that I just love.
      Good deals with:
      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        Nice one. IMHO, PC1s are just about the coolest thing in the Jackson USA lineup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I have played many of the Jacksons now and I definitely like this one the best for sound and articulation.

The neck is great also but it is not a thin one. But still it is just as fast - just takes getting use to.

And you can get the action on these just as low as any neck through or recessed Floyd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the PC1 floyd is recessed?

Comment

That top is awsome. I was had actually speced something just like it when the 25th Ann. Charvies were annouced only to find out no CS s-heads. A least I have an idea how cool a silver to black burst quilt top would have looked (I knew it was gonna be cool, but damn!)
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I'd switch off all the gold to black hardware and let the quilt stand out. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              How does it compare to the Super III? what didn't you like about that that you like about the Custom 5?

[/ QUOTE ]

Super III is thin sounding compared to the Custom 5. The custom is much better, has more sustain. Also the Custom 5 is sort of unique in that you can turn the volume down slightly and the pup becomes more focused and more dynamic.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

XENO - thats the way it came. I did not want that particular color at first but it was stunning when I opened the case.

THETROY - no the Floyd is not recessed on the PC1. I have heard many opinions that Non-Recessed Floyds have more sustain for some reason but I am not certain if that is correct.

DINKYJACKSONMAN - I took a pic last night with the Seymour Duncan. It was dark since it was at night so the pic turned out crappy but here it is...

I also lowered the middle pup since my pic was hitting it all the time.

PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Black quilt ! what a beauty, that is awesome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Love that top...The gold hardware looks great on the black

Comment

Anyone that has gold hardware - be careful about wiping it off all of the time.

I have a jewlers cloth and I have been wiping down the gold bridge after each time I play.

The gold is starting to wear off so I stopped wiping it off.
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X