Soloist with Speedloader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soloist with Speedloader?

How the hell do you change tuning with those things? or do you?
    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Maybe with the fine tuners??

Comment

What i was wondering was do the fine tuners have enough adjustment to allow you to play different tunings?
        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

i dont like it, why not just makem headless

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            What i was wondering was do the fine tuners have enough adjustment to allow you to play different tunings?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a set screw under the front of each saddle that tunes the string as well as the fine tuner. when you set up the guitar, you use the set screw to tune and then make minor adjustments with the fine tuners. These bridges keep tune like you wouldn't believe. If they could figure out a way to use regular strings, this bridge would be revolutionary. It's a bitch to dial in, but once it's set, wait it could be in the next Ronco infommercial!

"Set it and forget it!"

Alright, that was lame.
            [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

There is a Charvel with a speedloader on DCGL. It kinda grows on you.

CHARVEL W/Speedloader

Comment

I am fine with the tuner-less look, but I think there should be some graphic in the place where the tuners normally would be. Not necessarily painted holes for the tuners... maybe larger logos or SOMETHING.

Comment

Soloist with Speedloader. YES!

I am not accustomed to the tunerless appearance yet, but RacerX's Cadillac comment above is an apt analogy, and if Jackson continues promoting it, we'll get used to it.

I don't think Jackson should put dummy tuners or in any way replicate tuners there. This is a blank canvas, so they can go wild with it. I'd do a radical background, like spalted maple on flametops and smoked mirror on painted guitars (smoked to match the body color), with a nice MOP or abalone Jackson logo (could be under the mirror on the mirrored ones), as a showcase for the Jackson name. It wouldn't take much veneer, and the surface is flat and bound, so that spalted idea would actually work really well. Hmm . . .

The headstock could certainly be ditched from a functional standpoint, but I can understand Jackson wanting to keep it for name brand recognition, and they can even capitalize on it using ideas like those I just mentioned. Also, Speedloader naysayers can take comfort in the idea that if the Speedloader fails, they can always add tuners and a regular locking nut to these guitars and get out the wire clippers again. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Speaking of naysayers, the prediction that these will flop will only come true if enough people buy into it, and don't buy the Speedloaders. If you don't want one, that's cool - many make the same "it ain't broke" argument about regular Floyds vs. "vintage" style trems - but that's no reason for Floyd Rose to give up developing new ideas, or for Jackson to refrain from incorporating them.

The Speedloader makes sense, and I hope it succeeds. I just wish Floyd would make it retrofit into an OFR slot without routing, so I could try one on one of my guitars. I'm glad to see that Jackson is taking steps to advance their guitars with this. I think it's entirely consistent with the position of the Soloist, in particular, as an advanced Super Strat, and I wish Jackson would incorporate MORE advances into their guitars (e.g., graphite neck rods, Californian-style input jack, piezo-equipped bridges, all-access neck joint for bolt-ons, slots in OFR-equipped trem back plates for spring adjustment, direct-mount pickups, and a Jackson licensed-Floyd with integral blocking & Tremsetter ability).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    There is a set screw under the front of each saddle that

[/ QUOTE ]

...strips out, leaving you unable to properly tune your instrument.

This is exactly what happened to my old guitarist's BC Rich.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I just wish Floyd would make it retrofit into an OFR slot without routing, so I could try one on one of my guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I dropped one into a KV2 that I did a headstock repair on and it dropped right in no problem. I think they work great, but the whole "special" string thing kills it for me.
                      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Yeah, when I talked to Floyd ( yes, we're on a first name basis [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )about these at NAMM, he said they will drop in to OFR guitars. He also does the conversions.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I predict those Speedloaders will flop in no time. There's nothing wrong with the original Floyd. Why change something that's pretty much perfect to begin with??

[/ QUOTE ]yeah if they do flop have fun ordering strings.as far as I know you can't just walk into any store and pick up a pack of strings for a Steinberger
                          www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

I'm not sure if the speedloaders are selling very well on the B.C. Richs. Here is a news release from the B.C. Rich site:

B.C. RICH - NJ SERIES ADDS TRADITIONAL FLOYD ROSE TREMOLO WITH SPEEDLOADER

PRESS RELEASE
                            FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Cincinnati, OH. January 20, 2005 -- In 2005 selected NJ guitars will be available with traditional Floyd Rose Tremolos designated with an FR in the model numbers. Of course we are continuing with selected models of the popular SpeedLoader equipped NJ guitars too.

Comment

I've been thinking of dropping a Speedloader in to my SL2H but I haven't had the cash yet to do so. I think I'd leave the tuners on the guitar just because I can't properly envision the headstock without them.

Comment

I'd like to try one, but I won't be ordering anything with one any time soon. The 6 in line headstocks do look bizarre without tuners. An SLS 3x3 or 2x4 headstock might look less naked.
                                Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

Working...
                                X