New to JCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to JCF

Nice guitars and welcome to the JCF - It's always good to see more of us from the UK here!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks guys [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]. Yup, I paid top dollar for the snakeskin. But it was mint. The guy I got it from was also a top geezar, really looked after it.
      The EDS I got from a muppet in the USA who did not know/care what he had. It was in really bad state [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. I nearly cried when I say it!! The knobs, switch tip and strap studs were missing. I had to replace parts on the trem aswell as it was unusuable. The strings, never have I seen in such a bad state. The rust had stained the fretboard and frets. The neck was well bent out of shape and theres bits of paint that have chipped off. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] Fucker! Mind you, after I paid for the guitar, shipping, tax and replacement parts/set up, it cost me only £400 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] AND I recentally found that "the muppet" had put a Bill Lawrence L500-XL pup in the bridge. BONUS!

Comment

Welcome aboard - Cool guitars! How do you like the XXX? I have one too, it's awesome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

It's monstorous dude [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I love the tone, suits my playing. Crunch channel is awesome. For the price, it's the best high gain amp you can buy.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Thanks dude [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Yeh the PMC is awesome. I got it in player condition because I didnt wanna be scared of touching it, let alone play it! That is my favourite along with the SL1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same as my PMC witch is mint, I bearly play it......... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Very nice collection!!!!!!
            "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

I had a really nice PMC as well as about 5 GMC's and a couple UVMC's.
              I thinned out the collection a while back
              but still have a couple.
              I love the swirls! Darren at ATD is a good friend and also did a swirl for me on a custom 27 fret guitar I built.
              Lemme ask you, did you buy the PMC from a guy in Alaska named Jim or from Rich at Ibanez rules?
              Yours looks incredibly similar to my old one.
              and being there were only 271 of these ever made with at least 5 i know of that have been disambled... There by leaving at the most 266 intact in the world known of....
              And with no swirls being exactgley the same-
              Its quite possble that you have gotten my old one. Id love to see soem more pics of it and see if I cant find my old ones pics somewhere to compare...
              Of course, Jackson Guitars Rule!
              But these are stellar collectors peices that I love as well!
              [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yup! It lokks like that one used to belong to me!
                http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/ga...jem77pmc_9.jpg
                I sold it to Jim in Alaska, he traded it to another guy for 2 guitars, maybe it was rich..
                but it ultimastely ended up in Rich's hands and then he either
                sold it to some one that sold it to you or you got it from him direct.
                Wow! its cool to track these guitars!
                I recognize the non original Pink selector switch tip that I put on before I sold it as well LoL.

Comment

Hi Scott. You're right bro [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Got it off Rich last year. He brought it from Glen from jemsite. Theres some pictures on there aswell. Was it you who got it signed by Steve Vai dude?

Comment

Hey, sorry dude. Went out last night and just got home [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] Sorry took so long, but ya got a killer collection right there

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Hey, sorry dude. Went out last night and just got home [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] Sorry took so long, but ya got a killer collection right there

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem bro [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]. It was good of you to offer anyway. Plus it's been a good opportunity for me to learn how to post pics on this website. Thanks to all that have helped [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      It's taken me a while to get this lot, I have a few more, but all non jacksons. Just sold two on evilbay aswell. I need a new guitar bro! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] I'm getting THAT urge!

Comment

Welcome aboard, very nice collection ya got started there.

Comment

Scott. Link to jemsite pics. It's the one at the bottom of the page dude. http://www.jemsite.com/axes/model/jem77pmc2.htm

And you're right. Jackson Guitars do rule! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome to the jcf - sit back relax and enjoy the ride!!!!
                            Nice collection [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Heh heh, small world re the Vwall axe!

Nice to see Jackson interest in the UK!
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Great to have connections over the big pond! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X