Favorite Replacement Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Replacement Pickups

I'm digging the Evolution lately. Put one in my project and I do like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

EMG... 85 bridge, 81 or 60 neck.

Or DiMarzio Super Distortion bridge and Super 2 neck. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dimarzio Tone Zone, Air Norton, Virtual PAF, Duncan JB, 59, Custom, Distortion and so on.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

emg 81 (b) emg 85 (n) my favorite combo. Rips your head off and no noise with hi gain heads.

Comment

I've replaced the TB4 in my RR1 with a custom, left the Jazz where it was and this is a great combination, though I'm curious about a Pearly gates in the neck too...
            I find the '59 to muddy (will replace the Distortion/ '59 in my Horizon with Custom Custom/Alnico II pro)

Comment

Duncan Custom or EMG 85s usually end up in mine [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

EMG 85 in the bridge. I'll usually put an 81 in the neck just to make the guitar look uniform. I could really care less about middle or neck pickups. My playing style is too focused in one specific to care about much versatility. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I prefer the Bill Lawrence L500R/L500XL combination. The Duncan '59 and the Screamin' Demon are nice too.

Comment

I really don't have a "favorite" replacement pup. I like my guitars to have all different types of tones. Why put the same thing in all of your guitars? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

of course this is just my opinion.......... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Want some kick ass pups?

Best ones out there I have found (I have had EMG's, Evolutions, SD Dimebag Rail, SD Custom SH-5, Gibsons, Fenders, Bill Lawrence 450 XL, etc..)

are......

Aero Instruments out of Hawaii. That guy knows his stuff. He hand builds every one and they are friggen killer. They don't color the sound and let the "natural wood tone" come through. They have clarity, articulation, dymanics and charactor.

I have only one of them that I am transfering on to my custom that I have ordered from Jackson.

They make Level 2 and Level 3 humbuckers. Level 3 being hotter and level 2 being the best PAF I have ever heard.

But ....... they are $160 each direct although there are dealers on the net who may have a better price.

But if you want top of the line there are no better IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

tell me more about these persuaders, never heard of em'! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

SEARCH function, newb!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ahhh, felt good.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

For passives I like:
                          Dimarzio Steves Special, Air Norton and the EVH Customs
                          Seymour Duncan JB, Screamin Demon and the Invader
                          EMG SA, 60, 81,85 and 89 as long as they are running on 18 volts.

Comment

I like SD Full Shreds and Custom customs for the bridge and jazz's and 59's for the neck.

Comment

Working...
                            X