Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info about this "SL2H soloist"??

Hi All,
    This has been advertised as a Jackson SL2H Soloist. Everything on it looks pretty much like a jackson SLH2 soloist EXCEPT i noticed that it did not have the seimor Duncan pickups in and im not sure what pickups they are as they have no name on them. if u had any suggestions ideas please let me know. cauld it be a dud deal. if u need more pictures i can get them and what would be a good price for this.
    (hopefully this picture works because im still not quite sure how to put pics on)
    Regards, Shaun

Re: Info about this "SL2H soloist"??

SOrry here it is this time it should work

Comment

that's an SL2. They're a little different to the SL2H. Made in the US in '96. I'm not sure if they came with Kent Armstrong or Jackson pickups as standard. No inlays, no binding, chrome hardware, Jackson licensed trem.

There are a couple of them in the JCF Gallery. Tremdog has a charcoal metallic one, and Flametop2 has one in a pearl yellow (which I've had a jonesin' for since I first laid eyes on it)

I think they're a very cool guitar. Love the lack of inlays. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, I second the no-inlay look. If these had a non-recessed trem, I'd be all over one.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Yep, USA SL2 with Armstrong pickups, import JT580LP trem instead of a real Floyd like the SL2H. I thought those had black binding on them, though, at least on the neck and maybe not on the headstock, from what I remember. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] And Gary, I believe the "charcoal metallic" is considered gun metal gray.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yea? well there you go [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I didn't realise that GMG was a metallic colour.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

thanks for the replys guys,
              How would u compare these guitars to say a model 6 beacause i was considering getting a model 6 but lately ive started looking other jackson's and ive come across this.

Comment

Model6=Japanese Made,Rosewood fingerboard,SSH pickup configuration and is a Charvel.

Jackson SL2=USA made with Ebony Fingerboard.
                If you could get the SL2 above for $550-700, I would say is good deal.
                I have seen some for sell and they seem nicer than Model 6.

I would say, if you have the money to buy the Sl2, go for it!
                [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X