black with silver bevels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black with silver bevels?

I was checking around and I really love King Vs with bevels. I loved the silver with black bevels but was wondering if Jackson makes black with silver bevels? I think that would be pretty killer. Im thinking of maybe selling my Y2KV because King Vs are just growing on me like crazy.
    I love my rhoads so much and i know a USA king v would just be killer. I think KVs look great in black but wanted something different. I liked the silver sparkle metallic w/black bevels but if i could find a black one with silver bevels that'd be killer. Do they make that or am I just having high hopes? Anyone else think that would look cool. I love black guitars but with a little silver on it, itd look awesome. thanks folks. think I should sell my Y2KV and get a KV2?

Re: black with silver bevels?

I don't think that that combo is available as a USA Select option. Custom shop or GMW is probably the only way I can think of at the moment, but someone will correct me if I'm mistaken.

Comment

I'm with you, that's why I made this one look the way it does. Not the best pic but you get the idea.

Dave-> [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwDSAoYZYTC*JL3aL9Lt3Ewrfpjwr4XKNcsFBVu2LS9FsXLqn TMNP29dwgorDYOthLpkkkCMc5db101RCLbWpVH8ABT2GAj*6XT DwkfvKIsFsafoxx5XGUQkgxz8pwzL/Black%20V%20small.jpg?dc=4675439646055615080[/img]
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

budman, is that the charvel avenger body? did you have to fill in a hole where a pickup used to be?

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

man im about to unload most of my gear. Im trying to sell my amp ,or at least about to, and try and get a VHT and im trying to sell one maybe two of my guitars. Wheres the best and cheapest place to
          pick up a new black king v or really close to new?
          Bevels seem like they shouldnt cost that much to paint on. I wonder why they make black with white bevels but not black with silver. If i wanted to do it id have to sell my Y2KV. its a tough decision but king Vs are growing on me so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
            Silver bevels....

Silver bevels....

It's Christmas time on the JCF....

Hear them ring....

Meedely meeee....

Soon it will be Christmas day....
            <font size=-2>
            (Sorry, I had to do that, couldn't help it.)</font>
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Not only did you do it once, you did it twice! And everyone knows twice is nice [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] !!

jackson16:

I hear nothing but good things about Kevin Easton's guitar prices(the banner at the top of the page [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

Dave->
            Dave ->

Comment

Twice? What are you talking about? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                Twice? What are you talking about? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's not fair Todd!!
                [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
                Dave ->

Comment

GMW quoted me $250 for silver bevels but only on the front. I dont know if id spend that much and go through all that trouble and only have them on the front. And custom shop would cost like couple hundred more for something so simple. What do you multiply the custom quote to figure out the actual cost? one day ill have one with silver bevels and EMGs and if i went custom shop id go string thru too.

Comment

I like any of the colored bevels on a King V. I have a black KV2, but I wouldn't personally spend the extra $300 to get painted bevels on it.

I think it was around 60% of the total from the form, but I'm not sure. Click the link at the top and talk to Kevin @Easton Guitars, he'll be able to help with anything about your custom order.

Comment

You should contact Chucksplatter, he has a Black King V Pro that's up for adoption......At least he did last month. It's a nice guitar.
                      All hail the 'King'
                      R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

well if i was going to nab me a King V id have to sell my y2kv. but if i can get a good price for it then i might have enough to get a great black king v and have silver bevels painted on and maybe throw some EMGs in it. thanks folks.

Comment

dang i was hoping by some outside shot that Jackson would mad that combo. I think it would be killer on King Vs and rhoads and all the other guitars with bevels. Id love it because its not jsut a black guitar but it looks death metal but with a little more color. But when ya pay $1200 or whatever for a black King V and then send it to GMW, which im sure it wouldnt be too cheap, that makes it a much more expensive guitar. On the other hand it might just be one of the only ones. I might sell my Y2KV and find me a dead mint black King V, put EMGs in it, and then find how much it would cost from GMW. thanks folks and by the way that picture looks pretty good.

Comment

Silver bevels....

Silver bevels....

It's Christmas time on the JCF....

Hear them ring....

Meedely meeee....

Soon it will be Christmas day....
                            <font size=-2>
                            (Sorry, I had to do that, couldn't help it.)</font>
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Garry: yes it is an Avenger body with the neck pickup route filled and the switch slot and holes filled also. I had to route the neck pocket closer to the bridge because I wanted a 24 fret neck on it. I also cut out a bit of "relief" for better access to the higher frets. I also shaved about 1/2" off the lower wing to make it look a little sleeker and used one of my "special" pickup rings top hold the full shred Duncan. Not a USA, but she's a killer player [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

jackson16: I think you're idea of a King V with the silver bevels is excellent. Good luck and please post pics if you ever get it done!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
                              Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                              X