USA Select building location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Select building location?

Was talking to a dealer in NY a couple weeks ago and he was telling me that the USA Select and custom shop stuff was coming out of Arizona which he said was the same place that the Fender custom shop stuff was coming out of. He also said that at any given time a fender custom shop guy would be working on a USA select piece and vice versa. Is there any truth to this? I saw an earlier thread that the axes were coming out of Corona CA. Could it be like a Kramer thing where all the neck plates said Neptune, NJ and they were built somewhere else.

It would be very cool to know that the custom shop guys are making the USA Select guitars but it would be not so cool if they were built in the same place that the usa strats are done because both of the strats that I have owned sucked - NO MOJO.

Re: USA Select building location?

The Custom Shop is not in Arizona. That is where the corporate offices are, a warranty service parts warehouse, and R&D. Thats it.

Comment

That dealer is a retard. Unfortunately, these types of things are routinely misunderstood by dealers, and they pass on bad info. to buyers. I understand it as follows...

The Jackson custom shop was moved to the same facility as Fender's custom shop. That is in Corona CA, only a few miles down the road from Jackson's old custom shop location in Ontario CA. Not AZ, where Fender's corporate headquarters is located. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] To the best of my knowledge, the two are in the same building or series of builings, but not co-located. i.e., There's a Jackson area seperate and apart from Fender's. And Jackson guys do USA J/C guitars, while Fender guys do USA Fender guitars. I seriously doubt there is very much - if any - work being done by Jackson folks on Fender guitars or the other way around.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, Toby. I did know they're not the same "shop" area. Just wasn't sure if they were seperate parts within the same building, or seperate buildings.

Comment

I had a hard time believing that they would even have a plant in AZ. It would seem a little dry to be making guitars. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

By the way, I have a question about the location of the warehouse. Do they have two warehouses, in Corona and in Scottsdale? When my custom order was completed, I had a phone talk with Tim (Wilson). He told me that my guitar was sent (from Ontario, where she was made) to the warehouse in Corona.

Comment

311 Cessena Dr
              Corona CA

and yes the Jackson CS is in a separate building.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
                That dealer is a retard. Unfortunately, these types of things are routinely misunderstood by dealers, and they pass on bad info. to buyers. I understand it as follows...

The Jackson custom shop was moved to the same facility as Fender's custom shop. That is in Corona CA, only a few miles down the road from Jackson's old custom shop location in Ontario CA. Not AZ, where Fender's corporate headquarters is located. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] To the best of my knowledge, the two are in the same building or series of builings, but not co-located. i.e., There's a Jackson area seperate and apart from Fender's. And Jackson guys do USA J/C guitars, while Fender guys do USA Fender guitars. I seriously doubt there is very much - if any - work being done by Jackson folks on Fender guitars or the other way around.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Somebody told recently that the C/J custom shop is not in the same building as the Fender custom shop.

Comment

Working...
                X