Mustaine Doublenecks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustaine Doublenecks

Forgive me if this has been discussed 80 million times. Being the new guy, I am evidently not using the search feature correctly, because even searching "doubleneck" doesn't turn up results...lol
    I was looking to see if anyone had pix of Dave's Amber doubleneck...the maple capped one from the Risk period.
    I have two of the King V doublenecks now (black and black pearl) and that one has been my fave forever. Any help or links would be appreciated. And again, sorry...first day here...lol [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Re: Mustaine Doublenecks

I don't know if they've ever been posted here, but quite possibly on the old board.

I'm sure someone will have them and share when they can.

BTW, welcome to the board! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thanx! I am happy to be here, and look forward to staying. I love my Jacksons, and hopefully will learn more about them here. Sounds corny I know...

Comment

Welcome Pharoah! Did you say you own 2 King V doublenecks? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] OK, we need to see pics!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Is it one of these that you're looking for?

Pic 1
          Pic 2
          Pic 3
          Pic 4
          Pic 5
          Pic 6

Comment

Great, Archtop, I was looking for that one - you beat me to it. The axe in 1, 2 and 4 is based on the Y2KV and so can't be the one from Risk era.
            I think the 5 & 6 one is it. Here's the pic I found:

Which is cooler because it's a live shot of Dave playing it! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Theres a fairly clear (though partially obscured) pic of that amber King V doubleneck on the front cover of the 2000 Jackson catalogue, which was the first year of the Y2KV - It's the first of the three smaller catalogues they did (2000, 01 & 02) before the reverting to the current full size one....
              Cheers
              Ian
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanx so much Archtop!!! Pix 5 and 6 are indeed the guitar I am talking about. I have been in love with that guitar since I first saw it. I had meant to get one made just like it, but then the Fender thing happened, and I'm leery...lol

Yes I have two of the V doublenecks. The first one is identical to Dave's black one. It was the one that used to be in the photos section of the Custom Shop archives when that was up. I bought it when I worked for Guitar Center in 1997. The other doubleneck is black pearl, and is now my main one. I will post pics if I can figure it out...lol (Again, new guy...learning this board as I go...)

Thanx again Archtop. Thos pics of the Amber one are awesome, and I haven't seen them before. :-)

Comment

For RacerX...you wanted pix of them. Hope this works...here's pix of the doublenecks. The black one was made for me first in 97. I just got the black pearl one this year...I included the photo of it from the old site's archives.
                  The black pearl one is essentially the same, though has a tunematic 6-string bridge instead of the Kahler. The black one is named Vampira, the pearl one is Darrian...

Comment

Found another pic - Pic 7

If I remember correctly, Dave sold off a bunch of his guitars last year.
                    Specifically these in Pic 2.

I think he sold off everything in that photo; cabs, backdrop, and all.
                    I seem to remember that amber double-neck on ebay and that's where I got the pics from.
                    But my memory is kinda fuzzy. I could be wrong.

Comment

Yeah, I remember the auctions...those back then were done through Andy Brauer.He's still selling things today, though he's doing it on his own now on ebay. Mostly Y2KV's.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Nice entry!!
                        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Hey Pharaoh,
                          Those guitars look awesome. I have never played a doubleneck and hope to own one someday.
                          It it hard to play for long hours since the weight is significantly heavier?
                          how does it play? what is the tone like?

thanks for the sweet eye candy!

Comment

Dang! Great pictures from everyone! This is one of the things that makes this forum excellent!

Comment

The black one is about a pound heavier for some reason. Maybe the woods. They both play really well. Comparing the tones, I have to say the black pearl one is the winner. I think the Kahler on the black one just sucks the life out of the 6-string. That and the pickup change has been really working out well. The black one is a Duncan JB in the bridge of the six, and a Bill Lawrence in the neck. The 12-string has a Duncan Distortion.
                              On the black pearl one, it's a JB and a Jazz on the 6, and a Custom 5 on the 12-string. As for the playtime of standing up and playing them, I use them for 3 songs with my band, and occasionally at shows I play for a company. I don't have too much trouble with it, but I'm sure any longer would be hard. Rumor is that the Amber one Dave had was hollowed out in some areas to lighten the weight a bit. Hence the opportunity to put on that maple cap. My next one would have a humbucker in the neck of the 12-string. That's my dream machine...Dave's amber one with a neck humbucker added. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X