Sitting with a Kelly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sitting with a Kelly...

Kelly's play great when sitting....it's standing that's the problem....Jackson really messed up deciding where to put the strap buttons for proper form and balance.

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli:
      Kelly's play great when sitting....it's standing that's the problem....Jackson really messed up deciding where to put the strap buttons for proper form and balance.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">At first, you might think that. It just takes some getting used to. I'm still uncomfortable with a V... sitting OR standing... so it's all about preference. And how well you're acclimatized to something.

Comment

ive had NO problems at all with my kelly. Probabnyl because ive been playign Explorer shape and v sahpe guitars for two years so i probably dont notice it .

Comment

It's not the body shape it's the balancing of it. Other explorer type guitars I've played are fantastic when standing....the picking area is right in front of you and the neck doesnt' nose-dive at all. With the Kelly, the way the strap-buttons are placed the picking area is off to the left pushing the neck out even further and the the thing nosedives like a bastard. And no...I'm not getting a huge leather strap to fix the problem...I'm not SRV. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Other than that, the Kelly is one of the coolest guitars ever.

THe Rhoads is awesome too...I love that guitar sitting down actually it's so easy to play in that classical style.

Comment

i play a jackson king V right now, and i can sit and play just fine with it [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

my kelly will be complete (soon) and i doubt it will be hard to play with that sittign down

Comment

I have no problem with the Kelly in the standing, sitting or classical sitting postures.

I previously had an Ibanez Destroyer ll and the wing is larger, and the edge did cut into your arm, it also felt heavier.

The Kelly has a nice bevelled edge so your arm can rest quite comfortably.

In the standing position it isn't as comfortable as a strat as it doesn't have a rear body contour.

Always try playing the guitar before you buy it!!!

The Explorer and Destroyers are different so don't judge a Kelly by the way those guitars feel.

I guess the Kelly is a petite version.

Comment

Working...
              X