Top 10 Rare Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top 10 Rare Jacksons

On the import side there's the Charvel LS, for one.

Were Shannon's intended to be "forever"? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Then there's the Winger Sig bass, which was later (quickly? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) renamed the Futura and lost the Lacewood construction.
    I'd say any USA Jackson bass line is considered rare, but then I don't think they've tried to do one since 1990 [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I'd say any USA Jackson bass line is considered rare, but then I don't think they've tried to do one since 1990 [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure they have: the Antigravity. Of course they (and the rest of us) would like to forget that one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Sure, the guitars made prior to 1990 were *all* custom made, but there were definitive models that are rare. Only counting guitars made after 1990 excludes the rarest (&best IMO) Jackson's. The absolute rarest have been touched on by J2379;
        The King Kelly's with the cutouts
        The horrible Death Angels
        How about the Kendrick Jackson (sort of like an offset firebird)
        VVV's
        possibly Explorers
        Even the Firebirds and Collens they made in the 70 +/- neighborhood. Nothing like the King Kellys, the double Rhoads or the Death Angels, with around 20 each produced. I would also include doublenecks with the siamese headstock and neckthrough strat shaped Soloists.

Comment

Most all of the limited runs or the ones that would almost be like proto's. Double Rhoads, King Kellys(cuts), Demons, the first neck thru strats, LTD's etc. Then there are also grafics that can make em rare. Anyone remember seeing the kelly with a big set of knockers on the front\?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Sure they have: the Antigravity. Of course they (and the rest of us) would like to forget that one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd LOVE one. If anyone knows of one f/s at a decent price, let me know!

Comment

MC - While I agree that the Vinnie Vincents and the King Kellys are among the rarest, JG was specifically asking about production models - things like the SL2/DR2/RR2, etc. I mean, pick any of the thousands of Custom Shop axes and you've got a ton of totally unique, no-two-just-alike pieces.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

XTRR

Comment

AT-1s and JJPs I think also belong on this list [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    KE2T - one year only. Not many made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget the KE1T also. I would love to know how many of these were produced.

Comment

25.5 scale KV2T's.

Comment

when i had guitars, i had serial number 1 of 7 made harpoon head polka dot V's by karl sandoval. would those be considered in the mix, i hear there is some scandal about the harpoon heads now. so you tell me whoever knows.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

What about the full size strat bodied, one-hum guitars with reverse headstocks they made for a year or two... I forget the model number, but it was late 90s/early 2000s. Peter Max painted 3 for the catalog. JRS-1 maybe?
                          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

My vote goes to the DXMG in black.
                            [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

If imports are allowed, I´d say the Collen Archtop Pro is pretty rare. I don´t see any more of them than I do of the american ones, actually probably less. Incidentally I just bought a Collen Pro with a flame top and a sunburst finish, which is something I have never seen before, that should arrive sometime next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X