X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV-2T's at DCGL...

Drumcityguitarland has a crap-load of new V's:
    http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/guitars/jackson.htm

Someone here was wanting to see one in Silver Swirl the other day. There 'ya go!

Re: KV-2T\'s at DCGL...

Yeah, EastonGuitars has a few, too. (..had?)

I am SO tempted by that ivory one. Don't think I'll like the short scale, though. And besides I'm trying to keep my wallet closed until NAMM, like a little kid with his legs crossed who's gotta pee! [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

has jason ever heard of the term "variety"? Get some RR's and SL's !!!!

Comment

I'm probably gonna get one around April, but if I get one and then they release a U.S. made star at namm I'm gonna sh!t my pants.

Comment

I want the Jackson baseball cap instead!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor:
            I want the Jackson baseball cap instead!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">weiner.

Comment

Don`t be afraid of the Short Scale boys, it won`t hurt you [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I am a huge fan of 24.75 scale guitars, and would love one of those Vs if I could afford one, I love the Natural mahogany one [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I'm lost for words as to how much I like the bolted steel King V. And I'm surprised to see that I actually like the block-inlays and the headstock as well.

Comment

I really like the black one
                  Block inlays OWNS, the headstock i could do without and zebra pups is a Question mark

Not sure about the 24.75 scale, what's that like to play ? harder to bend or something? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Shorter scale is easier bends. I like short scale better actually, more of a punchy sound for rhythm playing.

Comment

24.75 is shorter...so the strings will be easier to bend and the frets will be closer together throughout the entire fretboard...but really only noticeable on the upper frets.

25" scale is probably the best IMO

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
                        24.75 is shorter...so ...the frets will be closer together throughout the entire fretboard...but really only noticeable on the upper frets.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And that's why I don't prefer short scale guitars. To each his own, but it's a "feel thing". When you get past the 12th fret or so, I can notice the difference. Not a huge deal or anything, but enough that I have a preference for 25.5s. ...Besides, I must have sausages for fingers or something. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think I just figured out why something didn't look right to me with the KV2Ts: no V-plate. I'm so used to seeing them on sting-through RRs that - to my eyes - it seems like something's missing from the body. To me, through the years it's almost like it's a Jackson standard for ST Vs. Adding one would be a visual improvement, IMHO.

Comment

Does DCGL...or any othe rJackson dEaler for that matter provide any sort o fLayaway policy?

Comment

drip
                            Does DCGL...or any othe rJackson dEaler for that matter provide any sort o fLayaway policy?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Without going into specifics of price, I will tell you that Jason at DCGL took a small deposit from me on my CC then I mailed him money orders for the rest over a couple month period. Talk to him on the phone, he was cool with me, and I got the WR1 I had been wanting. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Those are sweet. Painted bevels on those like the KV2 would be extra dope.

Comment

Working...
                              X