Question about USA Jacksons.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about USA Jacksons.....

I don't think Jackson used the "RR" designation in 1992, the year of the guitar in question, but it probably has similar specs so the guy calls it an "RR1." In the early-mid '90s Jackson used proprietary pickups on its production models, and Schaller made Jackson-licensed JT-590 trems. Note that Schaller makes the "Original" Floyd Roses now, so there's hardly much of a distinction quality-wise.

Re: Question about USA Jacksons.....

The RR, KV, SL, etc designations began in 1996.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Question about USA Jacksons.....

when were USA Jacksons first stock outfitted with Seymour Duncan pickups? (not including the Dinky)

Comment

If you mean back in the very early years, yes. They came with Seymours pretty much standard, but you could always order whatever you wanted special.

Comment

oh i see. i'm asking coz a few threads back someone was asking about whether a US Rhoads was good for about 900 canadian dollars. and he gave the specs and it didnt include seymour duncan pickups nor an original floyd rose i think. I THINK. and to top it off, i am pretty sure he said it was an RR1.

[ October 23, 2003, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: KE2KV2Rules ]

Comment

That's correct - beginning in 1990, all USA models were known as "_____(model) USA" (Rhoads USA, Warrior USA, etc) until they devised the numbering system.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by KE2KV2Rules:
              when were USA Jacksons first stock outfitted with Seymour Duncan pickups? (not including the Dinky)
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The older DK1 had 22 frets and had the H/S/S pup configuration that were Duncans. The newer DK1 with 24 frets and EMGs is only a couple years old.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think the switch to Duncans in the production USA guitars happened in 1996, didn't it?

Comment

Working...
                X