Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is Jackson Stars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is Jackson Stars?

i am not too sure but what exactly is Jackson Stars? most obviously they are japanese is what i am guessing. are they an official Jackson brand? Charvel750 told me that there is a lot of mystery behind the brand and not too many people are sure. sometimes they say USA but never "made in USA." anyone here own a "Jackson Stars" guitar? for those who've never heard of a Jackson Stars guitar check out www.jacksonstars.com . the site is in Japanese. i know they also make two Charvel Surfcasters. I like their hybrid Kelly/Rhoads guitar that they make. other than that they pretty much offer everything else that Jackson USA makes.

Re: pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is Jackson Stars?

I've got an NASL 160 (now called the NASL J1 but with rosewood board instead of ebony) - Superlight Soloist with flame maple top, mahogany body/neck, rosewood board, gold Schaller trem and gold hardware, USA Duncans (Custom (B) and JB (N)), and model-specific inlays (MOP and Abalone), and it kicks major ass. Cost me $950 total to get it from Tokyo to TN with a hardshell case and PayPal fees to the guy who bought it on my behalf.
    Worth. every. damn. cent. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I've got it on good authority that some are/were made in Ontario and sent to Tokyo to be finished, and some were made in Tokyo and sent to Ontario to be finished. Don't know which ones are which, but the one I have is better than my 1990 Professional Soloist (which is as good as a 1990 USA Soloist).

The Kelly/Rhoads hybrid is the KellyStar.

This is the old discontinued/renamed model list.
    http://www.jacksonstars.com/model%20list.htm
    My NASL 160 looks exactly like the one on the list - Cherry Sunburst and gold hardware [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Newc

[ October 22, 2003, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

So these are the Jacksons that the Japanese get and they are all made in Japan like the early 90's imports?? Hmmmm...

They sound like quite a bargain...especially if you want a 24 fret Rhoads or something. They just have more features and options too.

Comment

That Surfcaster will be mine someday!!! SOMEDAY!!!!

Comment

I have two Jackson Stars 24 fret Rhoads, a RR-138 (metallic Black) and a RR-175 (Red). They are both very nice guitars. They were in a NOS kind of condition when I got them. I will probably let the Black one go (for cash or trades) if I can get it back to the States cheaply (i.e. take it on the plane the next time I come home to Los Angeles).

Cheers,

-Mike

Comment

Shipping my NASL through EMS/DHL Worldwide was roughly $100 from Tokyo to TN.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
              Shipping my NASL through EMS/DHL Worldwide was roughly $100 from Tokyo to TN.

Newc
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Newc,

Thanks for the info. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

-Mike

Comment

Working...
              X