Question about KE2 and KV2 necks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about KE2 and KV2 necks...

what is the neck radius of a KE2 and a KV2? considering the websites are run by Fender, i would have thought they would specify the neck radius. i'm just asking because i find the necks to be really fast (of course), and thin. just wanted to know for a little trivia's sake. are all USA necks the same radius?

Re: Question about KE2 and KV2 necks...

Kv-2 necks are the the thinnest besides the stealth necks ( correct me if i am wrong. The ke-2 necks are the same as a rhoads and teh Soloists i believe.i have a kv0-2 And man dopes it shred

Comment

Ack Double post !

[ October 19, 2003, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Explorer77 ]

Comment

if I remember correctly, soloists have thicker necks than the both mentioned.

and I'm pretty sure it changed once again.
        I have different data in mind than is written on the jackson HP...

here's the new order; Dinkys beeing the thinnest there is, then kellys, KVs and warriors, followed by rhoads and soloists.
        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

That may be true as a general rule for the modern era Jacksons. However, go back a decade or more and it's anyone's guess! Fusions had incredibly thin necks, coupled with the short scale they felt extremely close in. I have a pair of 1989 Dinkys with ultra thin necks. But the modern era Jacksons seem to be consistent with what was mentioned above. The Stealth was not incredibly thin in comparison to the Fusion. You have to keep in mind that one must sample many variations of the same model to honestly make a claim like this. One or two over the years doesn't cut it.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

The KV2 has what is called a "speed neck", and it's also got smaller, medium jumbo frets as compared to Jackson's normal, jumbo frets.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I'm new here. Just been cruisin' the site for a while, and I need to ask a question.

Whe you guys refer to "thin" do you mean in terms for fretboard thin? (accross the fretboard)?

OR

Neck thinness from front to back?

OR Both?

Thanks in advance.

Adolfo

Comment

i think most agree that the thickness of the neck is the distance from the fretboard to the back of the neck, and 'width' would be, well, the width of the fretboard...

Comment

Gotcha!

Thanks for the response.

Adolfo

Comment

And then there's also the radius of the fretboard, which is the amount of curvature across its surface. As well as the backshape of the neck, which is also (partially) affected by it's thickness or depth. (BTW, click on "resources" above and look in the back of the catalog for Jackson's current neck dimensions.)

This thread may be a little confusing, as the terminology applicable to each of these specs seems to be getting used interchangably.

Comment

I'm not certain, but I think the RR necks are thicker than the SL necks.
                      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Hi Guys! - I was just wondering : How much does a KV1 neck differ from the KV2 - speed neck mentioned on the custom quote? I have at the moment KV1 which's neck I'm truly in love with and my custom rhoads will have the speed one? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Anyone? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X