Please help me figure out what jackson this is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please help me figure out what jackson this is

12 3/4 to the 12th fret, which is dead set half way. 12 3/4 X 2= 25 1/2".

There was a Strat 24 model. They used Fusion bodies and the extra scale was built into the neck itself to extend the nut the appropriate length away from the bridge. I had one a few years back. In the 1990/1991 catalog they called them "Strat 24", but you can see they are actually Dinky shapes. I say it was a catalog error.

Comment

TheWannabes, after you find out how much it's worth, don't make the mistake of offering it up for sale here! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        wait, dg,you say that a 12 3/4 is a dinky and vitamin G said that 25 1/2 was a dinky. you say that 12 3/8 is fusion and vitamin g says that 12 3/4 is fusion.

glugdarmit

anyone else know what guitar this might be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, didn't mean to cause more confusion. Gary actually said 24 3/4" for the Fusion, btw. 12 3/8" is half of that. I was just asking what your exact measurement came out to because you said it was a little less than 13".

Looks like Mr. Shine may have the final word on what the heck this thing is. What is it worth? I still think you got a great deal, & you may be able to find a buyer who digs this kind of graphic to shell out somewhere in the $600ish range, like Toru said early in the thread. EBay would be the best bet. I bet it plays great, & I'd keep it & play the hell out of it myself.

Comment

thanks. by almost 13 i mean like extreamly close. i think it has a dinky neck.

i wasn't at all planning on selling it. i was just curious.

so does anyone have an exact model name?

Comment

I call then Dinky 24's. The catalog caled them Strat 24's. I think more people will visualize what you mean with Dinky 24 as it tells you the shape and the number of frets. Usually a Dinky has only 22 frets, so the Dinky 24 is notably different. It is a Bolt on neck version of the Soloist.

Comment

yeah. mine has 24 frets. are you saying that mine is a bolt on version of the soloist?

any particular price range?
              model name?

i am not selling. i just want to know what i'm dealing with.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                ..... Usually a Dinky has only 22 frets, so the Dinky 24 is notably different. It is a Bolt on neck version of the Soloist.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yep, exactly what I don´t like about current Dinky´s [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I call then Dinky 24's. The catalog caled them Strat 24's. I think more people will visualize what you mean with Dinky 24 as it tells you the shape and the number of frets. Usually a Dinky has only 22 frets, so the Dinky 24 is notably different. It is a Bolt on neck version of the Soloist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that's not a hard and fast rule to go by. There's a bunch of Dinkies with 24 frets. The Dinky Reverse, RV-H, RV-S, Custom, Exotic, Flamed, HX, STD, XL, DR3, and DR5 are among several others with 24 frets.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

what do you think my guitar is, then?

Comment

Working...
                    X