Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a legit San Dimas bolt-on Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a legit San Dimas bolt-on Jackson?

From the research that I did, 1000-1505 were San Dimas made Charvel bolt-ons that were branded Jackson while the Charvels were starting to be manufactured outside the U.S.

I'm suspicious about this one because of the shark fin inlays.

Any advice would be appreciated. Yes, it's on ebay if you want to bid against me. ;-)

Re: Is this a legit San Dimas bolt-on Jackson?

If I'm not mistaken, that guitar is being offered up by our very own Doc Dryer, so I would have to say there should be no worries about that guitar as far as authenicity.. And a low serial # San Dimas Jackson with sharks AND a real Floyd... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

If I had the extra cash, I'd be all over that!! JHMO.. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Any bolt on serial number up to 1505 will be a real Glendora/SD guitar. Also, the TM on the headstock is an indicator that this is 86 or earlier.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Looks good to me. If that guitar had a gold Charvel logo on it, you'd be looking at double or triple the money for it(which I think is crazy). Great guitar!

Comment

Yes, that is Doc's guitar. I remember when he told me about it. STUPID clean if I recall correctly. The only difference between these and the Charvels is the logo.
          Doc is a TOP-NOTCH person to deal with. -Lou
          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Looks legit to me. Looks like a Dinky though, not a strat style (like the Charvels). Would help if you could see the tuners to make sure they were right-angle, but if it is Doc's then you're probably OK!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing Bert. The body looks trimmed down and the bevels (round over on the edge) are a tighter radius like a Dinky.

[ October 18, 2003, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

Definitely a Dinky. Those 22-fretters have such a weird body shape (to me, anyway).

Comment

OK, I'm the proud owner of my first San Dimas Jackson. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X