Short review of my new KE2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Short review of my new KE2

Beautiful Explorer JFG. Who built it for you? And if you could tell me how much. (send me a PM)
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

built by a local dude and it cost about as much as a new usa select! the guy is unfortunately super busy with other stuff and doesn't build much (if at all) any more. his site's been down for like a year.

Comment

So much black flamage.

Three cheers for Trans Black! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

(Such a terrible picture for such a gorgeous instrument. Blame me, not the bass. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Comment

Doesn't the offset mean that the strings do not run down the middle of the guitar body?

i.e. they are off centre (offset).

the angle you speak of is known as a body contour so the hard edge doesn't dig into your arm so they cut it for a nice rest.

Fender strats have two body contours, one to rest your arm on and one on the back of the guitar, they removed the hard edge so it doesn't dig into your rib cage.

Comment

I took another look at my Kelly and noticed it is not actually a body contour but a bevelled edge over the whole guitar.

Comment

Working...
            X