Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something odd on musicians friend

Musician's Friend Item

It's clear the guitar has a floyd on it, but when you zoom in, there's no locking nut. How can it have a floyd with no lock nut?

[ October 06, 2003, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]

Re: Something odd on musicians friend

Looks like there's a lock nut on there in the regular pick. The zoom pic doesn't work for me. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Carvin uses locking tuners and no lock nut as standard on their Floyd-equipped guitars, with the lock nut as a $10 or $20 upcharge; with straight string pull, the nut isn't really needed. With a Jackson, it would be needed, since the string pull isn't exactly straight.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Da fukk? Is that like a custom or something [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Doesn't really look like that neck is supposed to be on there. Look at the neck joint. There's a white boarder around the neck pocket, like someone cut and pasted the neck in there. and didn't put it in quite right or something.

Comment

That's a pic from the 1999 or 2000 catalog,there were some guitars in there that were like that!!I think they just pasted a non-trem neck onto some guitars with different graphics to complete the catalog or somethin!!I'll try to get some pics up from that catalog & check on the year,Later, Chucksplatter

Comment

Good point. Sometimes they do that in catalogs. Hell, the '99 Jackson catalog shows a PS3T Rhoads with a 24-fret neck... and we all know that never happened.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

border
              [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sorry Ron, but there IS a white boarder. You have to use a magnifying glass to see him, but he is clearly boarding the guitar.
                sigpic

Comment

hmm, I thought Elmers was supposed to dry clear.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"just a little dab will do it"

[ October 06, 2003, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone:
                    Sorry Ron, but there IS a white boarder. You have to use a magnifying glass to see him, but he is clearly boarding the guitar.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Music stores often have messed up photos that have been cut-and-pasted like that. American Musical Supply sent me a catalog a while back with an NJ Warlock with an "R" on it's Beast headstock (which denotes that it's a USA B.C. Rich guitar) I got excited and called them on it, they said they would fix the add. The new catalog now has a proper Widow headstock, but it still has an "R" on it. Too bad it's not false advertising- they would have to give you a USA Custom guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Lurchhammer:
                        an "R" on it's Beast headstock
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">its

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X