• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Collen?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33044
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Rare Collen?

Yep, can't get much rarer than that. Very cool guitar.

Comment

Seems like it's a pretty good deal for $1800 then.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Rare...VERY RARE! That is one of two 29 fret prototypes, the blue sparkle one might be a possible third, if I remember correctly from what Brooks said. But, yeah, Phil has the other 29 fret Archtop. The one in the Love Bites video, and the In the Round In Your Face concert video.

Brian

Comment

Brooks is a good guy to deal with and knows his stuff

Comment

and if you've never played one of these, you owe it to yourself to give it a go. i had to wait almost 10 years before i found one of these that i could afford. granted it's not a 29 fret, but these things are a dream to play. mine will stay in my collection for a long long time.

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Perhaps you didn't know who the seller was. That's Brooks, the authority on the PC guitars, and I'd say that one is VERY RARE! The archtop Collen guitars are rare in themselves, to find one actually owned by Grover and with all those extra frets is even rarer! Yeah, I'd say it's rare. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yep, my PCS Archtop is the sweetest guitar I´ve ever played. If you buy it you won´t regret it.

I actually can´t believe that Brooks is selling the 29-fret? The only reason I can think of is that he´s getting one of Phils personal Archtops.

Comment

Theres one for sale in JCguitars.He´s asking 2250 for it. Jcguitars

Comment

I am pretty sure Brooks owned that one at some point. I almost bought it.

Comment

Hey guys. Yes, that blue sparkle PC archtop was mine. I sold it to a big Phil / Jackson fan that said he always wanted one, so I cut him a break on it (I took a huge hit on it), then I find out he sold it to Justin soon after that. So much for believing people. Phil has the 1st 29 fret (Love Bites video) and this is the 2nd. The blue one is believed to be an employee project guitar. As far as Phil and I believe, those are the only 29ners out there.

And yes, you know me well Dave. Check out my site in the near future for another cool guitar...

See ya
                      Brooks

[ October 05, 2003, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: BGWwebguy ]
                      www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Working...
                      X