PCS 058 Arrives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PCS 058 Arrives

When something cool comes up, money always talks just as well as trades. Everything has a price, at least thats what I have found.

Brett, you are like Seinfeld with his Porsches.....LOL

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Simply beautiful, grats on another nice Rhoads!

Comment

Joe - I used to wonder the same thing - why would anyone want 10 LTDs, or otherwise multiples of the exact same guitar - then I looked around and noticed I had Warriors all over the place and said "Oh yeah, that's why" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But Brett's "having your cake and eating it too" philosophy never really occurred to me [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

not much to add, but congrats Brett, as you well know when it rains it pours! Nice to see some cool stuff come around to you again!

On the subject of multiples, i tend to agree with Brett, because he can. If he has 3 mint PCS and suddenly something sweet drops and maybe funds at that moment are tight, he can pop a PCS and free up some funds for the new peice, makes perfect sense to me! I would do it in a second if the extra funds were available, my problem is too many come my way that are different so i never seem to have expendable fundage for multiples, but if I did...whooo!!!

Anyway, just my ramblings...regardless, Brett is super cool and doesn't flaunt what he has, but he does share it with us which I for one, appreciate!

Later
          Mike

Comment

Having same guitars is cool especially when they look and play great.
            I don't see a problem with that.
            Not like Brett only owns 3 PCSs, he has many other different guitars in his collection such as Steinberger,EVHs, Charvels and on and on..
            [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Wanna hear a real screw job about this guitar? The store I bought it from charged me tax - $120! I'm in TX, the store is in CO, and they agreed to "no tax" when I made my offer. Now I've reviewed my bank statement and noticed the tax on the sale. My bank won't dispute the charge because I had nothing in writing saying I agreed to "no tax" but fuck, who pays tax on an out of state transaction? The shop said "well, we came down on the price so we charged you tax"...in other words, they're not paying the state the taxes received, they're keeping them. That's bullshit.

Anyone know anything about this kind of thing?

Brett

Comment

Doh!
                That sucks.
                If you have a store receipt and the bank statement, you can take that to a court and sue them, no?
                They shouldn't charge you the tax because you were outside of CO.

Comment

I know enough to pick up the phone, and give them a choice of refunding the money or calling the state to report tax fraud. Theft based on collecting taxes when you are not paying them is definitely a no-no.

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Tried calling and talking sense into them, but they just said "send the guitar back" knowing full well I wouldn't - I'd lose more in shipping than I would eating the tax. So, I've downloaded info from the CO Dept of Revenue, Taxpayer Service Division, and am providing that to my credit card company and filing a dispute. It says right there in black in white that I shouldn't be paying tax.

Bastards. If you're going to fuck me, fuck me to my face, not in the back.

Brett

Comment

Working...
                    X