Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: found not a SL1T for $400!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    alright,the seller says it's neck thru,he paid $850 from the custom shop last year...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

This "dribs and drabs of info" stuff is pretty annoying! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

# of frets? Fretboard material? Inlays? How about a friggin PIC? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: found a SL1T for $400!!!

[ QUOTE ]
      Which Custom Shop, that's the question [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Does it say Made In USA on the head?

[/ QUOTE ]

negative

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Ah. Well, then, I guess my secret's out - [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] - I didn't really keep track of the SL3/4 - no binding, no ebony, why bother? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Overall, rather than buy a SL3, I personally would just get a DK2 and upgrade it. But one advantage of the SL3 over the DK2 is its matching headstock... looks awesome in natural quilted maple.

Comment

Yeah, definitely sounds fishy. $850 and from a custom shop, but no made in the USA on the headstock? Tell him to take close up pics of the guitar and send them to you, so then it can be settled once and for all!

Comment

yeah he says he can't take pics..plus i'm in southern california and this dude is up in frisco....fuck him...i'd drive up thier if it was the real deal..lol

Comment

No Made In USA, if it's a string thru Soloist and $850 originally I still go with a SLSMG. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                No Made In USA, if it's a string thru Soloist and $850 originally I still go with a SLSMG. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1, but at $400 that is still an OK deal if you are in the market for one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  alright,the seller says it's neck thru,he paid $850 from the custom shop last year...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  ROFL, with prices starting a 2880 list, so around 1.5k street price, I don´t believe that he really did that.

I´m with Ron, 2004, no "MIUSA" and String thru = SLSMG [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X