found a SL1T for $400!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: found a SL1T for $400!!!

Didn't the SL3 have a trem? Was the SL4 a stringthrough? Even then, it'd have a 7-character serial (J+6 numbers).
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

SL3 was HSS, SL4 was HH. Both were Floyd'd.

Comment

The SL3's are japs spin off version of the SL1's.
        The tremlo is a Jackson not an org. floyd.
        Neck is a rosewood and not ebony.
        Pickups? Not sure what are used in the SL3's.
        I've not heard much about them (SL3's) either way, good or bad comments. Can't be too bad, you think?
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Pickups were Duncan Designed HB102 and HBSC101s IIRC for the SL3, and HB102 and whatever their Jazz copy was. Or was it two HB102s?
          Not too bad, but when you could get an older neckthrough SL Pro with ebony and binding and a better trem for half what they wanted for the SL3/4 brand new....
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Sorry, but nope. I forget the exact models, but the SL3 and SL4 had real USA Duncans.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Not too bad, but when you could get an older neckthrough SL Pro with ebony and binding and a better trem for half what they wanted for the SL3/4 brand new....

[/ QUOTE ]
              Sure...understood.
              Personally, for a few extra hundered bucks I'd go with a USA.

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Comment

If you've got it, definitely, but a couple of years ago it seemed like everyone was selling all their old USAs and 90-94 Pros to buy the newer USAs, and there were bargains out the ass [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm glad to see that GM's "Planned Obsolescence" didn't make its way into guitars - imagine a guitar that crumbles to dust after 6 or 7 years forcing you to buy a new one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I'm glad to see that GM's "Planned Obsolescence" didn't make its way into guitars - imagine a guitar that crumbles to dust after 6 or 7 years forcing you to buy a new one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ibanez. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, but that's a given [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a nice dark purple older Ibanez RG model.
                      Played wonderful and never gave me a bit of trouble untill about the fourth year and then it was problem after problem. It was pretty but not worth keeping.

Comment

Ibanez's new motto - "Pretty, but not worth keeping" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

alright,the seller says it's neck thru,he paid $850 from the custom shop last year...lol.

Comment

Which Custom Shop, that's the question [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Does it say Made In USA on the head?

Comment

played a SL3 in a local store several months ago, and it had a JB / Cool Rails / Hotrails config. Not the duncan designed.

Comment

Ah. Well, then, I guess my secret's out - [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] - I didn't really keep track of the SL3/4 - no binding, no ebony, why bother? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X