$945 cnd for 1992 RR1, good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $945 cnd for 1992 RR1, good deal?

A local shop is selling a 1992 EDS RR1 for 945 cnd (703.33 us), is that a fair deal? I'm not sure about the condition, I have to take a close look at it. My fiancé said that she would buy it for me as a wedding gift (which means I probably would get to play it for 8 months).

I really want an RR but the common sense side of me tells me I don't need it. I already have four guitars and I think I can easily claim to be the worst player on this board.

[ September 24, 2003, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Chris Lantz ]

Re: $945 cnd for 1992 RR1, good deal?

Hey Chris,

I am not an expert on prices, but it sounds OK. I guess it really depends on the condition. However, I am an expert on buying guitars I don't need. I would suggest going to the store, picking it up, and seeing if it has the right mojo for you. I am probably neck and neck with you for the worst player on the board award. If it makes you happy and it feels good then you have enough reason to buy the guitar. Skill is not a prerequisite for owning a nice instrument, and buying nice guitars makes us want to be better players, right?

Best of luck in your decision.

-Mike

Comment

I have no idea what the hardware on a 1992 RR1 is. Would this be the correct hardware configuration?

- J90c bridge pu
      - J50 neck pu
      - JT590 trem

Comment

Hi Chris.

I'm pretty sure I know the axe you're talking about.

I've seen it in person. I think it's a bit pricey considering the condition.. Dings, scratches.

It's not beat up, but not in the nicest shape.

They are rather pricey on certain guitars and tend to be resistant to haggle.

Check it out tho, if you can get them down $60.00 or so I think it'll be a fair deal.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
          Hi Chris.

I'm pretty sure I know the axe you're talking about.

I've seen it in person. I think it's a bit pricey considering the condition.. Dings, scratches.

It's not beat up, but not in the nicest shape.

They are rather pricey on certain guitars and tend to be resistant to haggle.

Check it out tho, if you can get them down $60.00 or so I think it'll be a fair deal.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Songbird Music? Yah they seem pretty pricey, I've never actually went there or dealt with them before. I'm going to check out tonight and see if they are willing to come down on the price.

Thanks for your reply. BTW where are you located 2Loud? Do you know of any good local shops to check out?

Comment

Yup. Songbird Music.

I'm up in Etobicoke.

I go there on a regular basis as it's pretty much the only game in town when it comes to used guitars.

I mainly deal with Mark, the tech.. he's cool.

Some of the other guys are "vintage" snobs and kinda look down on you if you show interest in a "rock" guitar.

Occasionaly, VP Music about a block east on
            queen has 1 or 2 decent guitars, but most of them are trash.

In the end, I tend to get the best stuff on Ebay.

[ September 24, 2003, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Thanks for the info 2Loud. I've been looking at some RRs on ebay, I guess I've been turned off by ebay after having to pay a $60 brokerage fee on a set of EMGs. I like to see things in person before buying them as well. I try to keep an eye out for local auctions but there aren't too many locals selling Jacksons.

Etobicoke Eh... I'm in the other end of the city.... Scarberia [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

[ September 24, 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Chris Lantz ]

Comment

What the hell is a brokerage fee?

Comment

A brokerage fee is when the government ships your item around the country so they can go through it and then rape you in the ass with a $122 bill for it.

Comment

Basically a brokerage fee is something that the shipping company charges you for the hassle of getting the item through customs, at least that's what I understand it to be. Brokerage fees vary amongst different shipping companies. From what I've gathered UPS generally has the highest brokerage fees.

BTW I tried the guitar out. This was the first time I've played a USA Rhoads, I really love the way the neck feels. I know I definitely want one now, unfortunately this one wasn't in good enough condition to justify the price tag.

[ September 26, 2003, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Chris Lantz ]

Comment

I agree. I bought my Charvel 275 for less than $300.00 there. ( a good deal I thought)

Another good deal is the Dean Z Signature for less than $200.00 Cdn.. (It's a neck-through, white finger board, bound neck.)

A little cheesy, but a really nice player.

What else, a handmade Lado(By Joe himself)neckthrough MAPLE board superstrat. at a VERY disrespectfull price. I tried it, an AWESOME player.. the paint job just sucks and the condition is rough. Still, a piece of Canadian rock history going for less then HALF of what a Korean made Les Paul copy is going for.

Without a doubt, if it's Gibson, Fender or a Ibanez lawsuit copy, they charge a mint.

Comment

I wonder what they're giving people for that stuff if that's all they're charging for it.

Comment

Less than half to half for most "shred" guitars.

A Jackson,Kramer,Charvel,B.C.Rich will get you little respect, but a 73 Strat will make you friends. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Most of Songbird's prices are a joke.

Yet good deals can still be found on stuff they're clueless or don't care about.

eg. i got my VHT Pittbull 50/ST head for $1000 Canadian, back in the days when CA$1000 = US$650

the ottawa store has a rare Larrivee shredder for CA$400
                            they also used to have a Hamer Vintage S for only $650 Canadian which was a great deal.

Comment

did anyone grab it?
                              I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

Working...
                              X