Jackson Vs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Vs

How do Jackson Vs compare to Gibsons as far as tone and quality go? I'm not a huge V fan (for comfort reasons) but it's a debate that's been going on for a long time and I'm just curious what you guys think.

Re: Jackson Vs

I think it's apples and oranges.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

sorry, not to be smart or nothing but it's a totally subjective question. I like jacksons for different reasons than gibsons and vice versa. I would kill to have an LTD rhoads. but I saw ths gibson on Ebay that was unbelievable. that sucker went for $3,700. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by guitarded:
        I like jacksons for different reasons than gibsons and vice versa.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly, that's what I'm asking about. What's good about one and bad about the other? I'm totally curious, I have more experience with Gibson Vs than Jacksons.

Comment

I think that there are too many variables to accurately answer the question as tone is affected based on pickup type, wood type, bridges etc. Can you find 2 V's that produce the same tones with one being a Gibson and one being a Jackson? I would think so but you might go through a bunch of them hehhe.. I think with proper pickups/amp/eq settings any tones can be closely duplicated regardless of the guitar as long ad it isn't a cheap-a$$ bunk guitar (neither apply to this case) Also I don't consider a Rhoads a V, the Jackson rounded horn V's is thought I have a Polka-dot Jackson V that I love and is my only non Strat shaped guitar I own
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Well, as far as good vs bad between Jackson and Gibson Vs:
            -Gibson Bad
            --Huge pickguard would cover a graphic and only looks good on a Schenker model.
            --Only available in 22 frets as standard.
            --Dot. Inlays. Suck.
            --No options for Floyd OR tunamagic in the production model.
            --No production-model graphic options.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mask:
              How do Jackson Vs compare to Gibsons as far as tone and quality go? I'm not a huge V fan (for comfort reasons) but it's a debate that's been going on for a long time and I'm just curious what you guys think.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You can sit extremely comfortable with a Jackson V.
              I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

I like both Gibson and Jackson V's. When we go beyond cosmetics and into feel, these are the things that do it for me:

Pro-Jackson:
                * Slimmer & wider neck.
                * Lightweight (as far as KV and Rhoads go at least).
                * Are offered with Floyds.

Pro-Gibson:
                * Shorter scale length.
                * More back heavy, no need to support the neck with the fretting hand.
                * Better placement of controls (not in the way of picking hand).

'bane

Comment

Dude, I love your sig.

Comment

yea me too.do jackson v's neck dive?

Comment

Thankies.

Well, at least the bolt-ons are a little neck heavy - they tend to level out instead of sitting at an angle. I've been told that the neck-thru's balance up better. The bolt-ons have the neckplate where the strap-pin should ordinarilly go, so Newc's strap pin mod (relocating the strap-pin to the front of the neck pocket) might be a good idea.

'bane

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] YO GUYS COOL TOPIC ! ok now heres my opinion [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] AS FOR V"S I HAVE ONLY 2 SAN DIMAS V'S HERE'S THE DEAL ! J0048 JACKSON SAN DIMAS HOT ROD FLAMES STD BRASS TREM plays like butter very thin fast neck no binding big v PLAYS killer ! ALSO NOTE J0046 V POLKA DOT BRASS STD TREM killer big neck W/binding old san dimas rhoads type player also this axe really smaoke and BOTH ARE NECK THRU SAN DIMAS JACKSONS ALSO BOTH 2 HUM , and they are mint cond ! also note these rare v's play well and HIT THE UPPER REGISTERS WITH EASE ! KEEP ON ROCKEN BRO'S HUNT AND FIND EM ALL ! see ya , ALZ

Comment

[img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] also note a few were bolt on charvel san dimas's also very very rare and killer ! see ya , alz

Comment

Found the CapsLock key, huh? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I don't know what to make of that....

Comment

Working...
                              X