I found a Fusion... need a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found a Fusion... need a little help

In a pawn shop. Says "Made in USA" and "Custom Shop" on the headstock. Neck-through, ebony board with custom inlays (very well-done, too), Floyd Rose, S-H config, mini-switch system, 1 vol. Bad refin, fire engine red and sky blue "hot rod flames". Didn't see a serial number. Where should it be? The price is stupid low. Any more info about US-made Fusions would be aprreciated. Also, anything I should look for to make sure it's really a CS guitar?

Re: I found a Fusion... need a little help

If it´s a neckthrough then it´s a soloist and the serial number would be stamped to the fretboard.

Comment

Why do you feel it's a Fusion? As Ed said, neck throughs are Soloists. The USA Fusions were discontinued around 1993, long before Jackson began using the (optional) custom shop stamp on the headstock. The serial number will help tell us if it's a genuine custom or not. Post it.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I'll have to go back to get the SN. I assumed it was a Fusion because it had the fairly deep scallop on the treble cutaway, and the slanted single coil, which I've only seen on Fusions. Also, the neck felt like a short scale, though I can't say 100%, as it needed a setup.

Comment

Slanted single coil? Was it a Warrior or Strat style? The only slanted singles I've seen on Strat-shapes were the Charvel Predators and 3DRs, though if it's a Custom Shop it CAN be a neckthrough short-scale slanted coil [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          The original Warriors were short-scale and had the slanted single coils.

Did it have an arched top? It could be an Archtop Soloist, as those were short scale.

Fusions typically looked just like Dinkys except for the scale - my Dragon Dinky has the lower horn/Fusion-style scallop, but it's 25.5" scale.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
            Slanted single coil? Was it a Warrior or Strat style? The only slanted singles I've seen on Strat-shapes were the Charvel Predators and 3DRs, though if it's a Custom Shop it CAN be a neckthrough short-scale slanted coil [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what I'm thinking.

Flat top. Pickup config is just like a Charvel Fusion Custom, but with a different electronics setup. Has Cross inlays, which are definitely original. Store wants less than $300, so I think I should grab it tomorrow regardless of what it is.

Comment

$300 [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I feel faint [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I know, right? I nearly fell down.

Comment

Um, DUDE! You shoulda bought it on the spot REGARDLESS! If not, CAN I HAVE IT?????? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] hehe!

Besides all that, I am the master of flamage on my geetars! Sounds cool man, if you snag it post pix, if you wanna sell, mail me!

Be COol!
                  Mike

&lt;wondering why I never find Neck Thru Custom Shop Jackson's for under $300 in pawn shops??????)&gt;

Comment

Like I said, the refin is really bad. I'll at least strip it. Then, I'll either do a pro refin (my family has been in the furniture and wood-working/finishing business for decades, so we can handle it), or I'll sell. If I sell, I'll contact you first.

I just had a thought (a first! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ). I wonder if the refinishing business would be profitable as a side source of income.

Comment

I picked it up. It is a Soloist. It's more recent than I thought. The originals tages are still in the case.

Soloist - Snow White w/ Lettering (which has been removed and/or painted over)
                      Serial # - J6388
                      Date 0f Purchase - 04-23-98

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

snap some pix man, what did you end up paying for it??? Croos inlays eh???

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Mike

Comment

snap some pix man, what did you end up paying for it??? Cross inlays eh???

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Mike

Comment

I'll try to bum a cam to get some "before" pics. You don't want to know what I paid. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] And, yes, it has MOP Cross inlays.

I posted a different question about it in the general Jackson forum, as this thread seemed dead. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, if you ever want to sell...keep me in mind dude!! Saw your other post an dgood luck with finding your info!

Mike [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X