Here's a great idea for a custom/sig model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a great idea for a custom/sig model

I call this beast a Rhodoist (road-oh-ist)

Half Rhoads, Half Soloist.

Snake Ghost Flame Shatterred Black Bolt finish over ferrari red with painted silver bevels.

Neck thru

24 tall medium jumbo frets on a black ceramic fretboard with Mother of Abalone Sharkfin inlays.

Real Floyd Rose trem, blocked, non recessed.

Normal pointy head with white tartar control toothpaste Jackson logo.

Seymour Duncan Pearly gates at the bridge and a classic stacked hum in the middle.

Sustainiac system with 27V of power.

The neck would be a speed neck of mahogany

the top wing would be oak and the bottom wing would be korina.

3 way toggle for pickup selection

1 vol
    1 tone
    1 intensity for sustainiac
    2 mini toggles for sustainiac.

HERE'S AN EXAMPLE.......Beauty eh!
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Re: Here\'s a great idea for a custom/sig model

Very interesting o.O Kinda reminds me of a warrior, only with a horn on top. Creative! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Ya know, that could almost work if the horns were a little smaller or the "V" wings a little bigger. Interesting......

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kamo:
        Very interesting o.O Kinda reminds me of a warrior, only with a horn on top. Creative! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        I'm sure you meant a longer or rounded horn on top? Warriors have top horns [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Uhhh... No.
          Coulden't tell you why. It just don't do IT for me.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

It's suppossed to be a joke....lol Oh well, gonna have to have one built now. Bigger wings sounds good to me. How would you get frets on a ceramic fretboard tho? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3:
              It's suppossed to be a joke....lol Oh well, gonna have to have one built now. Bigger wings sounds good to me. How would you get frets on a ceramic fretboard tho? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">just have them moulded in!!
              Hail yesterday

Comment

That thing looks gross, but my buddy Lou just had Mike S. build him a custom axe that's a Rhoads/SG lookin' thing...
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i love it, it looks great in a strange way, dont touch the horns though, they look proportionate the way they are imo. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I dont' get the ceramic fretboard thing how would you work on that?

I don't get the oak and korina wings either...is that gonna help the tone??

Comment

personally i've always thought they should make Adrian Smith's white Jackson Stratocaster look a like into a sig series. you know the one with a black pickguard? he used it on Maiden England video and you can see it on the 2nd DVD with the "Day in the Life" backstage footage in Rock in RIo when him and Janick mess around with it.

It looks pretty much exactly like a Fender Stratocaster with a HSH config. and a black Floyd Rose. it's got a maple fingerboard. the headstock is a Strat's not a Jackson style sharkfin.

i think its possible today since Fender owns Jackson theres no legal trouble. (i dont think so anyway)

sorry i have no comment about the original topic's guitar. but i was just thinking if they made another Sig Series (and i think they should) Adrian Smith would sell better than Phil Collen or Scott Ian.

Comment

Working...
                      X