No S/N Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No S/N Rhoads

I don't know about that inlay but keep in mind that Jackson claimed on the old website that some Rhoads' were stamped accidentally with "J" serial numbers instead of "RR" so I suppose they may have accidentally left a serial number off all together.
    I know they have mis-matched hang tag and guitar serial numbers, my custom shop Rhoads is a perfect example. In fact the serial number on it shows it to be built much earlier than it really is according to the charts. So they do make mistakes.
    It would be interesting to find out what the real deal is with the serial number on this particular Rhoads in this thread.

Rudy
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

It would have left with the mistake, like my RR stamped Soloist.

Comment

I bought a new 2002 RR-1T, from an authorized Jackson dealer, that was never stamped with a serial number at all

Comment

That happens too. I have a old San Dimas era Soloist with no serial number. I would bet anyone who has had a few Jackson neckthroughs had one pass through their hands at one time or another.

Comment

Its happened even more recently than that. Last year I was supposed to be getting a King V in Silver with Black Dragon. It came in to the dealer and he didn't even open the box, wanted me to do the honors. I opened it and inspected it and it had a broken/repaired top binding, chip marks with silver paint flaking off around the trem cavity edges, and No serial number stamped into the fretboard. There was a serial number written on the hang tag but none on the guitar itself. With the other issues mentioned above, the guitar was sent back to Jackson [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Rudy

Rudy
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

I still think this is fishy. Why would someone put a block inlay on the 23rd when the rest are sharkies.

Jackson would certainly have put a serial somewhere else. I know they have left them out, but this is just TOO suspicious, IMO.

I've had a NUMBER of Jacksons from different years with MOP that looked similar or identical. It's not that hard to match up MOP.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

xenophobe, I don't know about the block inlay on the Rhoads' 23rd. I do understand what you're saying though, it is suspicious. But I'm also pointing out that Jackson has on occassion left the serial number off, inadvertantly I'm assuming. On this particular Rhoads maybe there was no serial number and whoever owned it originally had the block inlay added later, or perhaps it was lifted at some point in its life as suspected. Who knows.

Rudy
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

I highly doubt it was blank. If it was blank I believe someone would have made a sharkfin. I think the more reasonable assumption is the serial number was gouged or chipped out and a previous owner wanted something put there to clean up the appearance.

Comment

Working...
                  X