JJ Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ Fans?

Are any of you guys into the Scott Ian JJ models? What kind of neck backshape do they have?

Re: JJ Fans?

I believe the neck is super thick and v shaped.

Comment

I don't think it's 'super' thick but it is quite a bit beefier than a standard Jackson neck, and yes, it is a slight 'v' shape. I'm becoming a huge fan of the JJs and have been jonesin' for one for a while now.

Comment

I wanna have a certain builder make me one in that shape... I'm not real fond of the inlays and I'd like a different bridge and pickup switch too, but they're still rad looking guitars.

Comment

I've never played one but have always thought they were great looking. I eventually want to order one from the Custom Shop with 24 frets! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

played one wayyyyy back in the day.. it was a trans red quilt top. and it was sweeeet.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i love the way the jj looks.
              however, i could never get use to the v shaped neck.
              if they had one with a model 3 neck profile, than i would definitely have one.

Comment

I have a JJ1, my only USA made Jackson. The neck is fairly thick but it’s very comfortable for me. I love the way the guitar feels and plays. If you want to get an American made Jackson JJs, are a great option because there seems to be very little demand for them. They go really cheap on ebay sometimes.

Comment

I love'em. I keep thinking about picking up the one at GuitarXpress. While we're on the submit, what happened to the archtop JJ's that were at winter NAMM? Were they custom shop only? I liked those quite a bit. The only thing I would change is the neck pickup. It is a little too hot and doesn't give you a good clean tone. But a "clean tone" isn't really what it is made for.

Comment

I have a silver sparkle and I find the neck a bit too big compared to DK1s/Soloists etc, but I do have little hands! (it's for sale, but I'm in the UK....)
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Great guitars for sure. I have a JJ Custom (Ibelieve thats what it was called). These guitars are a steal on the used market. I about $500 or 550 on mine, but it had a killer quilt top that I could not pass on. Great sounding, and I like the one piece wilkinson more than I initially thought. Intonation is spot on.

Comment

Does anybody know what the difference between a JJ1 and a JJ2 is? I see them both popping up on ebay from time to time, but I never noticed any significant difference.

[ September 06, 2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: busdriver ]

Comment

Originally posted by busdriver:
                          Does anybody know what the difference between a JJ1 and a JJ2 is? I see them both popping up on ebay from time to time, but I never noticed any significant difference.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The JJ1 is Bolt on with a rosewood board. The body material is either Alder or Korina (Kornia is used on transparent finished models I think). The pickups on the JJ1 are a Duncan JB in the bridge position and a Duncan Jazz in the neck. The bridge is either a wraparound Wilkinson tailpiece or a Wilkinson trem.

The JJ2 is neck through with an ebony board. The body material is mahogany for transparent colors and alder on solid colors. The neck material is also mahogany on the transparent models. The bridge on the JJ2 is tunomatic, strings through body and the pickups are Duncan Scott Ian Customs. The JJ2 also has a kill switch; the JJ1 is the only Scott Ian model that lacks this feature.

[ September 06, 2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Chris Lantz ]

Comment

thank you Chris !!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The JJ1 also has a round neck profile, closer to that on an AT-1. Like a scaled-down Les Paul neck. The necks on both JJ's are about the same thickness, and they are NOT much thicker than a regular Jackson style neck. In fact, the edges are much thinner.

Comment

Working...
                              X