1987 Jackson Strat Verification #1615

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Jackson Strat Verification #1615

I'm considering buying a 1987 Jackson Strat. It has a San Dimas plate #1615. I'm aware this puts it at the Ontario plant, but I'd like to know if it isn't just a plate put on a differant neck and body. The body is white with a face graphic, it has one humbucker, one volume knob, a mini switch to split the humbucker, and a kahler flat mount trem. It has a pointy headstock that says "Jackson Made in USA" and the neck is oil finished.

Can someone in the know please tell me if this matches up with the serial no.?

[ August 15, 2003, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: RattleHead ]

Re: 1987 Jackson Strat Verification #1615

I don't believe there is any logbook detailing the Jackson bolt ons from SD or Ontario. The best you can do is pop the neck and check the numbers.

If you are buying the guitar sight unseen, perhaps you could get the owner to do this and take pics?

Comment

First of all, that guitar is being offered by a JCF member. As a matter of fact, he had been trying (with desperation mounting) to sell it here a few months ago. Too bad, that's a cool one, and a cool graphic. I seriously doubt he would be selling a Jackson body/neck with a mismatched plate. In fact, the guitar was under heavy scrutiny here a few months ago and NO ONE brought that up. It's an early Ontario, no big deal. If you like, buy it. If you're hestitant, don't.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Alright, thanks. I've been talking to the guy through emails and he's been quite helpful, I just wanted some outside opinion/info you know? Anyway, why was this guitar under scrutiny a while ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
          I don't believe there is any logbook detailing the Jackson bolt ons from SD or Ontario. The best you can do is pop the neck and check the numbers.

If you are buying the guitar sight unseen, perhaps you could get the owner to do this and take pics?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Chuck, there must be some kind of logbook because when I bought it, the guy I got it from sent me a sheet that had about 6-8 guitars he was checking numbers on. This one was in there and came back as Serial # 1615, "Face" Graphic, ebony/maple, etc....

When I first bought the guitar, there was a kind of debate over whether the graphic was factory or aftermarket and the work order info said it was factory..

I've never called the Custom Shop myself to verify the plate, but with the info the guy sent me and the overall condition of the guitar, how it matches up, etc.. I never questioned it's authenticity...

Comment

Hey Stephan, currently I have no real doubts about the guitar's authenticity or your credibility. I've decided I "want" the guitar, just a matter of coming up with a way to justify it, heh.

Comment

Well there ya have it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

When I said "scrutiny" I meant that we all looked at the guitar with a critical eye, checking it out, and such. And everyone agreed it was cool, no negative issues came up. It's just that no one agreed to buy it, and that's frustrating, that guitar should get a G easy.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                  Well there ya have it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And the mighty Chuck rode off into the sun after solving another mystery...

Comment

LOL! Shoot, I was leaving with my tail betwixt me legs! Posthaste-like!

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Chuck just likes to keep things interesting aroung here!! Wouldn't be the same without him..

I think that if the guitar had come out with a Floyd, then it would have sold a long time ago.. when I first tried to sell it and for what I was asking... but times are getting hard and I'm getting ready to make the move to Atlanta at the end of September, so I'm trying to gather up some cash. As it is, I'm losing about $200.00+ on it, from what I paid and the shipping to get it here.. But hey, that's the way it goes... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I have developed a recent distaste for floyds...

Comment

this might be a lttle late but my san dimas plated bass #1991 was on the books so i would think yours would be too. will fender give out that info now?
                          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Well I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up buying the guitar regardless but just for referance it would be nice to lay all this speculation to rest. Does anyone know an email adress to contact Jackson? I couldn't find one on the website.

Comment

yeah Stephan....if it had a Floyd it would have moved the first time...I'd be interested in it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X