Serious Custom shop question......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Custom shop question......

I'm seriously considering a custom shop guitar, ordered through Lloyd @ guitarxpress. What I'd like to know is, if I pay my deposit, then something horrible happens and Lloyd goes broke or whatever, do Jackson honour the deal, or is my deposit just history?........It's not that I think it's likely, but a lot can happen in the time it would take to deliver a custom shop guitar...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: Serious Custom shop question......

hmm...i would think that its a legally binding contravt at that point and your money would be acconted for or your order would be switched to another dealer...but my business sense is really horrible...somehow, i don't think you have to worry too much about lloyd going anywhere tho...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Your deposit gives Lloyd the ok to order the guitar. Jackson builds it and bills him...you then pay Lloyd when the guitar is completed.
      As for what happens if GXP goes under.... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      I'd prepare for an ass-reaming. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Maybe Matt can chime in here.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Why don't you ask Lloyd himself? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Do it in a way that isn't insulting to the dealer but, given the amount of wait for a custom shop axe, it's a very reasonable question to ask.

Comment

I agree, Lloyd is super cool and willing to answer questions. He's helped me a ton with purchases. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X