Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I liked a DR6, whats the USA Equivalent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked a DR6, whats the USA Equivalent?

Hey guys, about 2 years ago I saw this sweet Jackson DR6 in Amber, reverse sharkfin inlays and reverse headstock, bolt on string through design, and I love the way it felt and played. Now I'm basically looking for that exact same guitar but in a USA model, doesn't have to be bolt on but Im not limited really. Just has to be string thru design, amber in color and reverse inlays and reverse headstock. I tried to find it on the website but they screwed it all up now, I liked it the old way. Anyone know what guitar model Im looking for, and roughly how much it would cost?

Re: I liked a DR6, whats the USA Equivalent?

There's no USA model with a reverse headstock or inlays. You'd have to go Custom Shop.
    There's an Archtop Soloist out there (used to be mine) that has almost all of that - Amber Quilt top, stringthrough, reverse head (regular fins, though), 2 hums, and a matching headstock.
    Wish I'da kept it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The DR6 has also been discontinued about a year or more now, that's why you can't find it on the site. The only other import Dinky models that are string-thru in the current line are the DKMG (reverse head with pirahna inlays), and the
      the DX6 with dot inlays, but that's got the 3+3 headstock. And the Dinky HX model with small offset dot inlays that's got the standard pointy headstock, but that was made and discontinued in '94 and I've got two of them that I love.

As for USA models, I think the only string-thru model they make are in the Soloist line, the SL2GX (GuitarXpress model), or the SLATQH, but they both have standard headstocks and neck-thru body.

[ August 10, 2003, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There really should be a SL2H with reverse headstock and reversed inlays. With Floyd or String Thru as an option [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

Ah that sucks [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . How much do you think somefin like that would cost in a custom shop?

Comment

I just did the custom quote to the best of my knowlege of how It was and how I wanted it, but I couldnt remember what brige to use for a string-thru, and I didnt see a String thruough design option.

Whats the difference between a Dinky body and a Soloist body?

The Quote was $3060, about how much would that cost in the store?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
              ...The only other import Dinky models that are string-thru in the current line are the DKMG (reverse head with pirahna inlays)...
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, it's the DKMGT. The DKMG has a trem. And BTW, DKMGTs are great guitars for the money.

- E.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

You're right, I left the T off the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall tone:
                  Whats the difference between a Dinky body and a Soloist body?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dinky is bolt-on, Soloist is neck-thru.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:

Not to be an ass, but.....

Is there a particular reason you want a US model??

Considering the fact you seem to like the Japanese one.

What was lacking in the DR6?..Is it ebony,MOP and an OFR that you require?

Thats about the only *real* difference between US and Japanese made Jacksons. (IMHO)

If you are really stuck on a reverse headstock and sharkfins I'd suggest you take a look at an import. Particularly the DXMG. at less then $400.00

Or get a custom shop Dinky to fit the bill at $2800 +

I've got a DXMG and it's just as nice as my US made DK1
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well Im stuck on a string through body, reversed sharkfins, reveresed headstock and amber burst. Why do I want a USA? Because the DR6 is no longer in production and after 8 years of playing I would like to stop buying import guitars and start buying some USA's.

Anyhow, I'd rather buy a USA Heritage LP first. Thanks for all your help guys, once again you've answered my questions!

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall tone:
                      Hey guys, about 2 years ago I saw this sweet Jackson DR6 in Amber, reverse sharkfin inlays and reverse headstock, bolt on string through design, and I love the way it felt and played. Now I'm basically looking for that exact same guitar but in a USA model,
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not to be an ass, but.....

Is there a particular reason you want a US model??

Considering the fact you seem to like the Japanese one.

What was lacking in the DR6?..Is it ebony,MOP and an OFR that you require?

Thats about the only *real* difference between US and Japanese made Jacksons. (IMHO)

If you are really stuck on a reverse headstock and sharkfins I'd suggest you take a look at an import. Particularly the DXMG. at less then $400.00

Or get a custom shop Dinky to fit the bill at $2800 +

I've got a DXMG and it's just as nice as my US made DK1

[ August 11, 2003, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Do you want an dr6 in amberbust ?

Comment

Whoops, spelled it wrong. Amberbust ? Freudian slip for Amber Lynn's bust ? Anyway, I have an Amberburst DR6 if you're interested. I,too, wish they made a USA version of this or any quality string-thru without the carved top like the DKMGT, SLATQ, etc. Tried the SL2GX, didn't like the speed neck. Custom shop is the only way to go, I guess.

Comment

Thanks for the offer lad, but I think im just gonna try and scringe my pennies and get a USA custom. Thanks for the offer though.

Comment

Why on earth would you want a heritage LP copy?
                              Every one I've put my hands on has been of sub standard quality,I mean poor paintjobs no attention to detail,very low quality hardware.Believe me I've worked on some that were brand new and totally unplayable, frets not seated binding loose,tuners that were locked up not to mention the nut work looked like it was done by a chimp.I dont mean to piss anybody off but thats been my experience with heritage.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X