Ballpark value of an '89 USA King V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballpark value of an '89 USA King V

I am considering thinning the herd to make room for a new purchase (or 2 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] . I can not sell the '84 RR (nuf said).

I have a 1989 Black Jackson KV neck-through, ebony, binding, sharks, 22 fret, "J" serial No., with an original Floyd and EMG 81-85 pickup set (still have the Jackson P/Us, the JT-6 is long gone).

I have the original case (exe. cond.) and hang tag/inspection (I am the original owner). I did play this instrument back in the day and recently had a prof. re-fret to bring it back to perfect playing condition.

The guitar is conservatively 95%+ with the only real wear being what you would expect on a 17 yr old Floyd (got it from a friend), pick swerls and maybe a very small partial imp. on the very tip of the headstock (which could have been there when purchased, I dunno), however, the tips of the V itself are perfect.

What do you all say???

(I am not one of those people who gets kicks putting things up an ebay with ridiculous reserves to estimate value)
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Re: Ballpark value of an \'89 USA King V

swirls
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Comment

Hmm...I feel that this guitar is worth alittle more then that. I'm thinking more in the area of $800-$875. I feel this way becuase based on what you said, this guitar is in pretty good condition, and it's a USA. That's just me though.

Comment

That's a pretty fair estimate I'd say...I paid $4** for my '85 student KV, so around $800 for this one sounds right. Shoot me some pics if you have any available...I may be interested in her is you're looking to sell or trade.

- Joel
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

I'd say even 9 bills or more is possible, given that it's a San Dimas with nice tips.

Comment

If it's an '89, wouldn't it be made in Ontario? If it really is in near perfect condition, anywhere up to $1000 is possible.

Comment

Dangit! I saw the '84 in the first line....my bad. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry Racer, the '84 will definately stay! And I think that the KV will too. It is not worth nearly what I would want to be rid of it, so I am better off saving my pennies. Thanks guys. I appriciate the insight.
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Are you looking to sell the KV??
                    All hail the 'King'
                    R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Working...
                    X