Neck help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck help

Hey guys,since I found out here I can't order a custom neck from Jackson,I need to buy one for a custom project I'm doing.I am looking for a 24 fret,25.5"scale,ebony board(preferrably),bound,mop logo and fins,locking Jackson neck.I know this is a tall order but I love the feel of my SL2H neck and am hoping for something similiar.I know the 95-96 Dinky USA neck comes close,can anyone tell me if there are similiar models I could hunt for.I am hunting on ebay but it's hard to find what I am looking for.Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Neck help

I don't know about OEM, but if you get tired of looking and can live without the MOP Jackson logo (i.e. just a sticker or water decal, like on most 80s USA Jacksons, which you apply yourself), Lee Garver at GMW Guitars should be able to built pretty much the neck that you want. The only thing he will not do (understandably), is mess with the trademark/copywrite issues involved with doing the MOP logo.
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

You also may want to post a WTB (want to buy) in the classifieds section in this forum!

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

24 fret 25.5" scale...did jackson make any USA Bolt on guitars like that at all?

Comment

I have a 24 fret USA Dinky that is long scale.I think [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Let me go look at it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

YEP,25.5 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the help guys,I will contact GMW for a ballpark quote,if it's too much I'll go for the Dinky USA one.

Comment

Check with KEvin Easton at eastonguitars.com
                He may have something you are looking for.

Comment

Just be carefull the original DK-1 necks were 22 frets. at least up until '96, and even possibly '98 as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X