My new Soloist has Landed!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Soloist has Landed!!!!

What's up guys.....It's been a while since I've posted any new aquisitions [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , so I though I'd share my most recent 'Guitar Center' find. My bud over there set me up w/ this, and I'm very excited about her. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Here's a pic...

She's Pearl White w/ black binding on the body AND neck. (A perfect match for my SD Explorer) Ebony fretboard, Jackson JT-6 trem. Serial # J3454 puts her "born on" date at 1987 (Ontario). Neck profile is flat and wide, just like the San Dimas Solists I've played. I'm most definitely a 'bolt-on' guy, but I am slowly but surely becoming a fan of neck-throughs. The painted neck still bugs me a little. Anyway, she's in great shape, not a ding on her. She has been modded a tiny bit...see if you can spot the 'irregularity' in this pic..

Hint, you can also see part of the issue in the first pic... It took three try-out sessions at Guitar Center before I even noticed it myself.

Hope you guys dig her as much as I do! I think it's time to find a cure for this G.A.S though...I've got bills to pay! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] Here's a pic of her getting getting acquainted w/ one of my other axes...

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

-Kenn

Re: My new Soloist has Landed!!!!

Nice axe Kenn!! Is that an OFR style screw on the low E?

Comment

Sweet!!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Seems to be missing a fine tuner.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Classy looking, Kenn. Nice find. Congrats. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I am a sucker for a Soloist, especially one with a less than common feature like binding! That is very cool!

Comment

Dude, if that had a matching white with black binding headstock I'd offer you my first born son! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Fine guitar. Soloists with body binding are a rare find for sure! I think (could be wrong) that the original Jackson humbucker has been removed, as well as its cover, and another one installed. Is the ring the oversized one?
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Ha! You guys are good...Yep, someone replaced the low 'E' saddle w/ a Floyd saddle. When I first saw her, I could not figure out why someone would remove the locking nut, but still keep the same trem. Well, I went to fine tune the E string and...WTF??!! That explains it! Probably could not find any JT-6 parts, so he went w/ what was available. No problem though, I just bought a complete JT-6 to restore her to original. Although, I have thought about putting a real Floyd on there...We'll see...

Joe, it appears that the pickup ring is oversized. I don't know if the p'up was replaced or just the cover removed. Whatever p'up this is, it sounds great, and I usually don't like Jackson pickups...Hmmm...?

-Kenn

Comment

I was gonna say the pickup was swapped (Jackson logo on the bobbin - covered Jackson weren't logoed on the bobbin, only on the cover), but I missed the OFR screw.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That is one sweet looking Soloist you scored dude. I love the body binding on it. And that has to be one of the darkest ebony boards I think I have ever seen. The thing looks jet black in the pics. Is it that dark in real life?
                    We must!
                    We must!
                    We must increase the bust!
                    The bigger the better!
                    The tighter the sweater!
                    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Very nice Kenn, I like the tremolo above the body as your Soloist is setup....A little neck angle just feels a bit more cozy playing than a dead straight Soloist neck. Makes me feel like I'm playing a tunomatic bridge, almost.
                      [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

That's freakin' gorgeous! I'd put a real Floyd on it, if it were mine. To me, JT-6's have crappy tone compared to Schallers or OFRs.

If it had a Kahler, I'd probably have to break into your house and take it, since I don't have any spare cash right now... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Soloist1....I know my camera is not the best, but yes, the fretboard IS that dark. Very cool...it pretty much matches the black & white 'motif' of the guitar.

-Kenn

Comment

WHITE WITH BLACK BINDINGS AWESOME !!!!

congrats dude !!!

Comment

nice score Ken...she's a beauty. You really got the black/white theme going..How do you like the 3 on/off mini's? I got a Jackson strat kinda like that but H-S-S with one volume and 3 on/off's. I didn't care for it at first but I really like it now.
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X