My SL1 Needed a New Nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SL1 Needed a New Nut

I took my SL1 in to the shop to check out a buzz in the first string. In turned out to be a defective Jackson Nut. It was replaced with a genuine Floyd Rose Nut and the problem went away.
    The work was done under warranty. While it was there I had them strobe it out and do a setup.
    Now, after a year and a half - what a joy to play.

Re: My SL1 Needed a New Nut

Okay.

Comment

Congrats Bsharp.
      Never mind Word. He has manboobs, and he's not even a man yet! Hee hee! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Interestingly enough, the nut on my 2001 KV2 is being replaced for the same reason, but according to the tech I go to, he said that there's no way Fender will cover this as a warranty issue. He told me that, if it's over a year old, they will say "It's from player wear" and not touch it. It's not a big deal to me, as he's not charging me to install it, but still...it's aggravating.
          sigpic

Comment

Bsharp:

I've got a Charvel at the luthier's right now. I have terrible fret buzz on the lower frets too, and he just called me and told me the Floyd nut doesn't come close to matching the fretboard radius.

Is this a common problem? I'm going over to his shop in the morning to take a look at what he's done so far, but I'm wondering if simply installing a new nut will solve the problem?
            "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
              Congrats Bsharp.
              Never mind Word. He has manboobs, and he's not even a man yet! Hee hee! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm a man and I'm still waiting for mine...

Comment

Ice cream, late at night. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X