Dinky Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky Soloist

Heys guy's my local music store has a dinky all black s/s/h,blond neck,black inlays,floyd,a blond headstock and the Jackson logo on the headstock is written like in the old style,shaded.There asking 800.00 good buy or not? I have never seen one like this before.It also seemed to be sitting there for a while,dust all over it smudges all over the body.It is sceaming for a good home.

Re: Dinky Soloist

Well, a Dinky and a Soloist are two different things, so which is it? A Soloist is neck-thru, a Dinky is bolt-on.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

whoop's its a bolt on [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

$800? That's a bit high, does it say "Made in USA" on the headstock?
        Occupy JCF

Comment

And "blond" is actually "maple".
          So it's got a maple fretboard as well? If it has black inlays (as opposed to BLOCK inlyas) are they dots or sharkfins?
          $800 might not be bad if it is a USA *with original Jackson case*, however, it also depends on the condition the guitar is in. $800 in this current economy better be mint condition or damn near.
          If it's a USA Dinky it will meet the following specs:
          Serial number on the neckplate will be 6 digits.
          The address on the neckplate will either be Ontario Ca or San Dimas Ca
          The headstock *might* say made in USA, but there were some USAs that did not have that on it.
          25 1/2" scale length.

If it says "Professional" or anything else after the Jackson logo (aside from Made In USA), it is Japanese made.

If it is 24 3/4" scale, it is a Fusion. USA Fusions also have the 6 digit serial number on the neckplate and the Ontario Ca address. They also have a mini-toggle between the knobs that activates a mid-sweep controlled by the Tone knob.

On the other hand, if it's a USA Custom Shop, the neckplate will have only 4 digits. Plain black Custom Shop Dinkys are senseless as black is a standard color. If it has a 4 digit serial and Ontario or San Dimas address neckplate, it might have been refinished from a graphic (which some people have been known to foolishly do). If the graphic was just painted over, there's hope for restoration, but if it was stripped and finished, it's toast.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks Newc,I'll go back to the store tomorrow and check it out,it did say USA on the head stock :notworthy [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

still...could be cool...try and talk 'em down a little...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Thanks again for all the help,by the way the inlays were black shark fins.Jfc rules [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds like a cool neck on that one...I like the Ebony Fin Inlays on a Maple Board. But if she is just flat black you should for sure talk them down to around $500.
                  [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X