y2kv frets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• y2kv frets

I could have sworn all y2kv's came with jumbo frets but when i read the latest guitar world magazine they interview Dave Mustaine and when asked about his new ESP sig series guitar he says its basically identicle to his y2kv and says it has thin fret wiring. Did jackson make some y2kv's with jumbo and some with thin frets?

Re: y2kv frets

As far as I remember, all Y2KVs came with smaller fret wire (I believe it would be considered medium jumbo), just the way Dave liked it. And the KV1 and KV2 also have the same smaller frets.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I thought that all the KV1 Mustaine sigs have the small fretwire too. I have a '99 with the tall skinnys, and just bought a '98 KV-1 Mustaine last week and it has enormous frets. Needless to say, I was disappointed. I was also the owner of the Korina custom shop KV-1 in the Gallery and it was built to the tee by one of Mustaines workorders in '00. It had Jumbos. I also have a King V Pro, which I heard only came with Jumbo frets, and they are medium at best.

I guess what I'm saying is it didn't stay too consistent across the board.....or I just own some oddballs ?

Comment

im looking at the y2kv spec page i printed out last september before jackson got bought out by fender, back when jacksons site was mostly black. it says jumbo frets on the page.

My y2kv clearly doesnt have jumbo frets. They look like they are on the medium to small size.

[ July 09, 2003, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Rusting In Peace ]

Comment

Originally posted by Rusting In Peace:
          im looking at the y2kv spec page i printed out last september before jackson got bought out by fender, back when jacksons site was mostly black. it says jumbo frets on the page.

My y2kv clearly doesnt have jumbo frets. They look like they are on the medium to small size.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, and Jackson's site has the KV2 as having jumbo frets, but they're not. At least Lloyd and GuitarXpress got it right and actually tell you that it does indeed have smaller frets.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X