Will LSR tuners fit y2kv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will LSR tuners fit y2kv?

been thinking about switching tuners on my y2kv.Will lsr tuners fit on my v without modifying the headstock?

Re: Will LSR tuners fit y2kv?

Should.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Not likely...you're most likely gonna need to drill new screw holes and possibly open up the tuner holes on the headstock a bit.

- Joel
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

doh,would that degrade the value of my v if i ever decide to sell it (I wouldn't though)?

Comment

Well, I guess it really would depend on the person. It also depends on how well the job is done too. For me personally, if it looks like a pro job then the LSR's wouldn't degrade the value. But there are always those who take any mods as a devaluation. What are specifically looking for with the LSR's? Is it the look of them, the tuning ratio? You may (just as another option) if you don't wanna make any mods think about Sperzels if you're looking for a locking tuners. Sperzels don't require any drilling and don't get screwed into the headstocks either.

- Joel
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

mainly for look and tuning. I will check out the sperzels,thanks!

Comment

I've installed 3 on 3 sperzels in about 4 or 5 guitars and have had to drill them all for the pin ( never had a guitar where the screw hole matched the placement of the pin on the sperzel). I had to widen a few holes too in the headstocks. I'm pretty sure you would need to do some drilling for the LSR's too.

Comment

Working...
              X