The Silver Bullet has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Silver Bullet has arrived

The Coors Light guitar I bought from Tracy has arrived. He is a great guy. I look forward to meeting up sometime in the near future!

The guitar is amazing. I expected it to look great, but I expected it to play and sound average. I was dead wrong. Its still new, but so far I would say it plays easier than any of my San Dimas Soloists. The neck isn't quite as big, but it isn't thin either. I was surprised to discover the pickups were EMG's, which is a huge bonus as I don't have an EMG equipped guitar. To have it be an 85/81 configuration was perfect as that is what I would have wanted. The Floyd nut used with the Kahler is kind of cool. I don't know if it is more stable, but I prefer Floyd locknuts over the behind the nut style.

The only work I did to it was remove the overspray on the rear back down to the factory finish. This meant the autograph was toast, but I don't care about autographs anyway. Fortunately there was no shadow left of it in the finish, so it is nothing more than a memory.

I would buy from Tracy again in a heartbeat. He was very patient and accomodating.

Re: The Silver Bullet has arrived

That thing completely kicks ass!!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I'll trade you a small child for it.......... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice, Jim!!!! I really like the flip-flop fins.

Comment

Yeh those flip-flop fins look killer [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Jim, are you able to see the EMG logo on each pickup? Or is it non-visible? I know pickups can be successfully painted over, and I've wondered when EMG's get such treatment if the original logo is there or not?
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
          X