Jackson 1988 LE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson 1988 LE

let me clarify-the guy(idiot) said the San Dimas neckplate was from another guitar. it wasn't an issue of where it was made but the fact as to whether the neckplate was correct for the guitar.

Re: Jackson 1988 LE

this is also a place where i can send him or the customer for the facts. i wanted experts to confirm that the SD neckplate was correct.

Comment

Oh i understand... i looked at your auction, and the title states that its a San Dimas, so i though you were asking whether it was really a SD.

Comment

Jackson must've got quite a deal on those San Dimas neckplates and order a whole mess of 'em up front because they sure used them for a seemingly long time after the move.

I had a Jackson stratbody I had delivered from the Custom Shop in March of 1989, and it had a San Dimas neck plate.

When did they finally run out and start putting Ontario-addressed neck plates on?

Comment

#1501 was the last Jackson bolt-on from the San Dimas PO Box Address. Anything later is an Ontario guitar with a left-over neck plate.

Don't worry, the buyer knows exactly what it is, he's posted on the board from time to time and he buys a lot of Jacksons and Charvels.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Didn't the 88's have a particular numbering sequence like the PCS models, or were they otherwise all within a certain # range?

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i thought it was 1505 [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

yea, these le's are all stamped 88001-88500. the one i sold was stamped 88035.

Comment

Jackson 1988 LE

I just sold one on ebay and some idiot emails me and hopefully not my customer saying the guitar is an Ontario and not a San Dimas--all of these 88 LE's have San Dimas on the neckplate. Someone please explain the San Dimas neckplate and comfirm that all of these neckplates say San Dimas on them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=33044&rd=1

Comment

Jackson moved from the San Dimas facility to the Ontario (California, not Canada) facility in 86 or 87, I believe. They still had a number of neckplates that had the San Dimas address.
                    It doens't really matter, as only the San Dimas Charvels are worth anything (i.e. big bucks). SD Jacksons just haven't reached the same collector status, though the LTD 88 like you sold are among the few that still bring a nice price.

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

YEA - What Newc said.

'88LE was Ontario built, SD plated.
                      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

The move occurred in early 1986, January, I believe, so I concur with the above.

Comment

I really feel they are underpriced for what you get. As you can see I only got $480. i believe it to be a sleeper. thanks guys for confirming what i knew to be true. How far is San Dimas from Ontario?

[ June 17, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: memphis mike ]

Comment

thanks guys for confirming what i knew to be true.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">what do you mean? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] You called the guy an idiot.. and now your saying that you knew it was a SD all along? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

That's what I thought.

And yes, it was 1505, not 1501 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X