How do European's order from the CS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do European's order from the CS?

If I were to order a Custom shop Jackson, would I have to go through a US Jackson dealer or could I order from an authorized Jackson dealer here in Sweden?

I'm just wondering really....

Thanx a million

Thoraby

Re: How do European\'s order from the CS?

I would say, go to your nearest Jackson dealer.

Comment

I think that you can go through every authorized jackson dealer to order your custom shop jackson.
      But i wouldn't buy it elsewhere than in the usa. Simply because of the money. Don't know what exactly the prices of USA Jacksons in sweden are but i guess they aren't that different from germany where i live. And for a custom shop jackson in germany you would have to pay easily over 4000 Euros. I mean a USA Select Series guitar costs close to 3000 Euros.
      So depending on your options you could get a CS Jackson ordered in america cheaper than a Select series here in europe.
      I am sure that Matt from Onlinestagegear could do this order and ship the guitar to sweden.

Flo
      http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Yeah but you still would have to pay the taxes and all that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by ed:
          Yeah but you still would have to pay the taxes and all that crap.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, but I heard that Matt takes about 30% of the price(am I right?) on USA Jacksons. Then if it get's shipped to Sweden, I'll have to pay a third of the packages price in tax. So I'll end up paying the price (app.) on the Custom Shop quote form's retail estimate.

Now, if I order from Sweden(if it's even possible), they'll take the retail estimate, add tax AND then some more just to profit from the deal themselves.

Am I right?

DAMN RIGHT I AM! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The Dark Lord Thorabye

Comment

Hmm i don't know how it's handled in sweden but in germany you have to pay the cost of the guitar, then shipping and then 3% duty costs. Add all those costs up and then add 16% of the total cast for tax. That's it (at least from what i know). And that wouldn't be 30% but i don't know if that's different in sweden.
            And normally in europe you have to pay retail prices or often even more.
            There was a time when a RR1 with graphic which i believe had the retail price of $2500 cost over 3000 Euros. And with a custom shop order you can save even more when ordering in america.
            Oh and if you really plan to order a custom shop Jackson, now is the right time because 1 Euro is $1,2 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Flo
            http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Thoraby, i thought you were poor, and now your thinking of a custom guitar [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I am poor. I don't have a dime. I don't even have 50$ to buy a used neck for my Fender strat(I was going to scallop it, like Yngwie's [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] !).

I was just wondering how I could order one ---&gt; In the future &lt;---.

Besides I was bored....

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death:
                  Hmm i don't know how it's handled in sweden but in germany you have to pay the cost of the guitar, then shipping and then 3% duty costs. Add all those costs up and then add 16% of the total cast for tax. That's it (at least from what i know). And that wouldn't be 30% but i don't know if that's different in sweden.
                  And normally in europe you have to pay retail prices or often even more.
                  There was a time when a RR1 with graphic which i believe had the retail price of $2500 cost over 3000 Euros. And with a custom shop order you can save even more when ordering in america.
                  Oh and if you really plan to order a custom shop Jackson, now is the right time because 1 Euro is $1,2 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Flo
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Uh, In Sweden we have to pay like 35% tax. It's really whack.

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] Damn bloodsucking goverment!
                  [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

You could order one through your swedish dealer, but ordering through Matt would save you sh!tloads of money. USA or custom. You will also save money on the higher level imports.
                    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

...or you could find a cool Jackson on eBay and have it shipped to the coolest JCFer in the US and have him find hardware & pups for it and then have him ship it to you in your tax-choked European country! Voila! Bit of a hassle, but quite a money saver! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                        ...or you could find a cool Jackson on eBay and have it shipped to the coolest JCFer in the US and have him find hardware & pups for it and then have him ship it to you in your tax-choked European country! Voila! Bit of a hassle, but quite a money saver! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Money saver how? I still have to pay tax for the package. If you're refering to the hardware and pickup prices, I can just find a guitar WITH those things on eBay.

Or maybe you're refering to the fact that 70% of eBayers won't ship internationally. If that's the case then you have a point.

Edit:

[ June 16, 2003, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: Thoraby ]

Comment

Working...
                        X