EMG 81-7 installed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG 81-7 installed!

It has arrived and has been installed... The EMG 81-7 pickup, replacing the 707.

http://www.prototypeonline.com/images/KV7a_817.jpg
    http://www.prototypeonline.com/images/KV7b_817.jpg

Notice the SILVER EMG logo instead of the gold one on 707s.

The difference is astonishing and is much better than we predicted. The lows are freakin tight!! No more unbalanced spectrum, all strings are balanced in volume and retain that crystal clear tone. And the crunch is UNREAL.

Can't wait to play and record the new songs now!!!! HEHE

I HIGHLY recommend this pickup if you can get one. Unfortunately they are not yet available in stores. They are only on the Carpenter model ESP for now, exclusively.

Vince L - PROTOTYPE

Re: EMG 81-7 installed!

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] , do you happen to have a pic of the whole guitar?, those inlays look interesting.

Comment

KV7EDS: Cool, I'll bet a few 707 owners will make the switch. Wasn't it you guy's who were helping with it's development?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Awesome bro. How much do the 81-7's cost? Do they have the same price as the 707's?

Comment

Sweet!!! I actually just got into you guys and picked up your Trinity cd not too long ago. Great work, Vince! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'd like to see a shot of the whole guitar too!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You can see many pics of the guitar here:

http://www.prototypeonline.com/proto_pics_jackson2.html

The pickup cost the same as the 707 pretty much. You won't be able to find it at stores and you cannot order it from their catalog. We were able to get it through a special situation and the fact that we asked for one over 2 years ago helps too... hehe.

Enjoy.

[ June 13, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: KV7EDS ]

Comment

Damn! That thing is ungodly! The EDS headstock w/ LSRs look awesome! Your '91 KV ain't to shabby either.

Comment

Ohhh....The new Stephen Carpenter ESP 7 string comes with 81-7's, but it costs about $800...Nice guitar though.

Comment

Vince, seriously, damn. How the hell do you tear up a pickup like that? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I have the same thing happening on a few of mine, but not at the neck just the bridge.

Comment

Hehe... I like to dig in to certain riffs and it causes the guitar to produce some special tones. I'm heavy handed when it comes to downpicking only because some parts just call for it. But yeah, I can see where you'd think I'm nuts picking that hard.

Comment

Actually, no. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] If I didn't use heavy strings and high action, all my pickups would probably look like that.

Comment

LOL Scalloped pickups are cool... plus it makes it easier to fret the strings on the pickups! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                          X